Chapter 15

EDIT: new art

EDIT: new art

It had been a couple of days since the mission I went on with The Collector and I was being sent on another mission but with Jeff this time. We were being sent to a very specific building to retrieve something or someone, I wasn't entirely sure due to how little details Slender was giving us which was odd. Slender wasn't the type to overly explain something but he would at least usually be very blunt and straightforward while giving enough detail to get across what to exactly do, so the little amount of detail made me nervous.

We stepped out of the forest to a road in front of a very large building, from what I could tell it looked to be a college or school but it was very run down and clearly abandoned. We walked up and tried the front door first before splitting up and looking for another entrance after realizing it was locked. I soon stumbled upon a small window that was slightly propped open, I crouched down to get a better look at it.

"Jeff, found one!" He came over and crouched next to me, opening the window and looking in while he shined his flashlight in. I looked around behind us to make sure we weren't being followed "I'll go first." I nodded and kept watch, before he soon helped me get down inside. "I didn't see anyone but stay on your guard." "Alright." The basement reeked of mold and mildew with the faintest hint of blood, I turned on the flashlight I had brought and started to look around.

It was mostly empty with scattered desks, chairs, and the occasional plank of wood that had been left to rot. The only thing really of note was the huge blood stain in the middle of the room, making it obvious that something had happened here in the past. We soon left the basement after not finding anything and split up to explore the building, both of us checking each dark room we covered thoroughly.

I soon found who Slender wanted us to find, the sight caused me to drop my flashlight from shock, he was in a hallway near one of the many stairwells, barely holding on to life due to a deep neck wound. The situation was odd, the wound looked very fresh but all of the blood on the ground and surrounding area looked very old and dry. I panicked a bit before quickly getting down on my knees and applying pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding "Fuck, oh my God, Jeff!" I heard running before I saw Jeff.

"Shit what happened?" "Do you have bandages?" I asked frantically, he grabbed a roll of bandages in his pocket before handing it to me. I grabbed it and started treating his wound, I didn't know a ton about medical stuff, but I knew enough to keep this guy alive long enough until we got him back to the mansion. "Is this who Slender sent us to find?" Jeff asked as he looked around the area at all of the old blood.

"I think so, I don't think anything or anyone else could be in here. God what even happened here?" I soon got the bandages secure enough before I lifted him up slightly. "Jeff help me carry him, we need to get him back to  the mansion." He handed me his flashlight before picking up and carrying the man himself. I grabbed my own flashlight and we quickly left, using the main entrance to leave since we could now unlock it.

We quickly got back to the mansion and I helped Jeff bring the guy to the medical bay where Jack immediately started tending to him. We left the room and Jeff handed me something "Here, these fell off of his face while I was carrying him, I didn't want to lose them or something." I looked to see that it was a pair of rectangular glasses that were broken. "Alright, I'll hang on to them." He nodded and left to go report to Slender.

I walked up to my room to shower and change, and to hopefully find a way to repair these glasses. After my short shower I put on a clean hoodie and jeans before looking back at the glasses when a thought popped into my head. Maybe Toby might know something, I mean he has to have broken his goggles at least once right?

I quickly grabbed the broken glasses before walking over to Toby's room and knocking on the door. He opened the door "Oh, hey (Y/n) wh-wow! what's up?" "Hey, I was wondering if you know anyone who could fix something for me?" He gave me a confused look "Wh-woah! what do you need f-fixed?" I handed him the pair of glasses "A guy me and Jeff retrieved for Slender had them on, I would feel bad giving him a pair of glasses that are busted to shit after he nearly died."

He stared at them for a bit while thinking "Hm, Collector sometimes takes gl-glasses and does stuff with glass, maybe he could help? He f-f-fuck fixed my goggles one time." He replied as he handed them back to me. "His room has an e-eye painted on it." I nodded "Alright thanks!" We parted ways and I made my way to Collector's room. I soon got to the room and knocked on the door which was soon opened by a more casual looking Collector.

"(Alias)? Everything alright?" He asked, sounding confused "Yeah, uh Toby said you do stuff with glass?" He nodded "Do you need something fixed?" I carefully handed him the glasses and he looked at them pretty closely "Me and Jeff retrieved a guy for Slender and his glasses are busted to shit. I would feel bad if I gave him broken glasses after he nearly died."

He nodded and opened the door to let me in "Yeah I can fix these pretty quickly, come in." I stepped in as he turned on a light the room looked similar to my room but with clothes on the floor and many shelves that had jars filled with eyes and preservation fluid. "Sorry for the mess." He set the glasses on his desk and grabbed some things from the drawers as he got to work.

I sat down on the bed to watch slightly "So how did the mission go? I heard Jeff ranting about it to Ben." "It was weird, the guy seemed like he had just been attacked but any of the blood that wasn't on him looked extremely old. It was like he was stuck in time or something." He looked at a few pairs of glasses he had "Sounds like Slender was keeping him alive for something." "He can do that?" He nodded.

"Yeah, it's why Re- uhm, the person we found yesterday was still alive. From what I've seen he can either keep a person alive moments before they were supposed to die or in a catatonic state." I thought about this for a bit "If he can do that then why does he send us on missions?" "He can't physically interact with humans unless they're in one of his domains. So he relies on us to kill or bring people here."

I stayed silent as I thought about this, it seemed like things only continued to get weirder the longer I stayed here "It's similar to why those who are alive here just stop aging eventually. If you were to escape it would take a couple of years for you to start aging again and that's if you haven't been tracked down and caught." "Have you ever tried to escape?" "God no, most who do either don't live to tell the tale or they mange to somehow avoid his grasp."

The idea of that terrified me, he soon got up and handed me the glasses which were now fixed and much cleaner "Here, if you visit the medical bay could you ask about the person we found yesterday?" "Thank you, yeah I can do that." "Thanks." I nodded and left his room.