Chapter 9: Awful Memory

(Artwork of Alex done by me | 5/24/2020)

- ->MARCH 12TH, ONE YEAR AGO<- -

ALEX FOX sat on her bed after a long day, playing Minecraft at 3 am. She couldn't really sleep, and her two siblings Axel and Ross were definitely already asleep by now. She had built various simple redstone mechanisms and some shitty pixel art, as well as a small shed before she realized she forgot to take her pills.

She walked down the stairs and picked up the pills labeled as Valproate and opened it, swallowing one without water, and did the same with her Lithium. She had been trying various brands and medication for the past 2 years, and had been prescripted with high dosage of these two. None of her past medications truly helped, they either just made her experience awful side effects scarred into her mind or do absolutely nothing.

The only times she has ever felt 'normal' and free of any mood swing was when she was by a fire, like grilling for Axel and Ross. She's been diagnosed with pyromania too, but her psychiatrist wants to experiment with regular treatments first before anything.... Crazy.

She was about to walk upstairs when she heard a twig snap outside and some voices. She sat behind a plant and listened in.

"So we're going to burn the house down???" The voice sounded like that of a really spoiled girl.

"NO YOU IDIOT!" okay now that's REALLY the voice of a R E A L L Y  S P O I L E D  G I R L. "we're just going to rub this shit all over her stuff so she finally realizes what happens to anyone who messes with the likes of ME" Quinn continued.

Alex had heard enough and silently creeped up the stairs. They must have something that could damage her stuff somehow- maybe a skunk, literal shit, or both- skunk shit? There's a lot of things that they could rub on her stuff, they could even just poke it with a Barbie doll and next thing you know Alex is outside wearing all black, burning said item with disgust in her eyes. Since she already left, she didn't hear the next things.

"but that stuff is flammable by water.."

"yeah, and it smells like shit, sooo...." Quinn shrugged with pursed lips.

"Oh. Why do you have your handwraps with you though?"

Quinn smiled. "Just in case. You should know by now, Beth." : )

Alex shut off her laptop and pretended to sleep, turning off the lights. Quinn grabbed the handle of the doorknob and used her quirk to quickly snap it off, along with a bit of the wood on the door, and walked in with her friend and literal partner in crime.

Alex's breathing was quick as she became grateful that she remembered her pills, otherwise.. Well.. It would depend on what mood would come up. She had her camera in her hand, recording so there was pure proof of whatever would happen that fateful night.

Quinn and Beth walked in after carefully tip toeing up the stairs, opening the door with an edgy creak. Alex always knew about that creak, but liked to keep it for the edginess and also because she anticipated the day where it creaks open and there she is, sitting in her swivel seat, staring at the intruder with pale skin and dark eye bags because she had been writing fanfiction for the past couple of days. She wished it to happen again. It already happened.

F's in the chat for Xiomar on that one.

Quinn pulled out a bottle of baby powder(?) and spread it all over some of Alex's stuff, and Beth followed the motion, grabbing some baby powder(?) for herself too. Her carpet, her desk, her sketchbook.. Then Quinn opened a small bag and furrowed her eyebrows before realizing.