5

Jungkook hugs her tightly. He can't remember the last time she was on his arms before someone embraces her away from him.

Drown on his own thoughts, he didn't realized that Jennie isn't hugging him back. He felt her moving away from his hold.

He breaks the hug and looks at her with so much guilt that made the latter confused "I came here as soon as I heard the news-"

"...Why?" Jennie asked innocently that made Jungkook hurt.

"What do you mean why? I care for you Jen! That's why I'm here" He said offendedly.

"I'm sorry but..." All the people in the house slowly gathered in the scene. They didn't have the chance to explain it to Jungkook when Jennie decided to throw the news.

"Who are you to care for me?" Jennie said calmly but the people in the room know how much those words will hit Jungkook hard

Jungkook lets go of Jennie's arm and sighs defeatedly "I know you're mad at me. You have every right, Jen. But Isn't it too much for you to say that?"

Jennie looks at him even more confused. She doesn't know why the latter was hurt with her simple question

"Jen look-" Jungkook was about to hold her hand when she backs away from him. He was even more frustrated "Jennie?"

"I'm sorry. I don't like being touched" She said honestly

Jungkook can't help but felt an ache in his heart.

"Hey, Jungkook. Long time no see!" Taehyung tried to break the cold air but it was no use. Jungkook keeps on staring on Jennie.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you" Jennie said before she leaves the scene and went outside.

Jungkook finally looks at his friends "Is she ignoring me on purpose? Is she really that angry at me?"

"Actually..." Namjoon starts off "She is not"

"Then why is she acting like she doesn't know me?!" Jungkook bursts out

"She's not acting" Jin turns to say.

Jungkook is now beyond confused.

"She has an amnesia, kook" Taehyung said sadly that made the latter's world completely upside down.

————-

Jennie went straight to the garden and sits on a bench. Remembering the new guy she met seconds ago, she can't help but feel frustrated. She knows he might be special to her and it sucks she can't remember him. The pain on his eyes show how it hurts him just the way she looks at him.

She was interrupted on her thoughts when someone sits beside her. She looks at him confused and move a little away from him.

"Hey... I'm sorry for my actions. I know nothing to what happened to you. I'm sorry for overwhelming you" The latter said sincerely

"You don't need to feel sorry. It was not your fault" Jennie said back

Both of them just looks straight on the beautiful flowers in front of them. Jennie thought it will be awkward but somewhat, the silence makes her comfortable around another stranger.

Minutes passed, she heard a loud sigh. She looks at him right away and sees him smiling genuinely. No longer having the pain look she got from him awhile ago.

"Since you don't know me... yet. Let me introduce myself. Hi! I'm Jeon Jungkook. And you are?" Jungkook extends his hands waiting for her extend hers

Jennie thinks for a minute. She looks elsewhere before she stops to look at him focus on his smile. That smile makes her calm and grab his hands.

"Hi... I'm Kim Jennie" She smiles back that made the latter happy

"You don't know much I miss that smile" He whispered sincerely but capable for her to hear.

"Why?" She asked

"Hmmm" Jungkook breaks the eye contact and just looks around "you remember anything about this garden?"

Jennie looks around and looks back curiously "No. Do I need to remember something important here?"

Jungkook thinks for a minute before getting his phone and earphone. He plugs the other one on his ear and gave the other to Jennie.

Jennie looks at him even more confused.

"Since you don't remember anything, we used to calm ourselves here while listening to music. Since I scared you a bit awhile ago, I know you felt frustrated. So, let's try to relax for a moment?" He said while still offering the other earphone.

Jennie hesitates and just look at him.

"Trust me. You will love this song" She slowly plugs it on his ear that made Jungkook smile and laid back slowly on the bench to enjoy the music.

NP: Hope Not

I sit by the window where cool air blows
I think of you while looking at the far sky
I must be a fool who can't be helped
Even when the four seasons change, I don't

On the other hand, Jennie slowly mesmerize herself with the music. She will not deny that indeed, it made her even calmer.

They say there's no point in regretting but
I'll keep thinking
of you (I was wrong)
I will smile if I see you as if nothing happened

She secretly looks at him while the latter is looking at the sky enjoying the sad melody.

For you I'm okay with being hurt
Since I only gave you pain during the time we were together
But you, the love you want
You need to meet someone better than me and be happy
But I hope not to the point where you forget me

She doesn't why but she felt even more comfortable at him. She follows on looking at the sky and continues to relax as how the melody turns out to be.

Clenching on his fists, Jimin doesn't like the scene he witness in front of him.