Chapter 7

While I ate my Chilaquiles and Daniel drank his Coke, silence spread between us, but I still felt his gaze on me. Once I finished I also looked at him.

,,Seems like you liked it."

,,Oh yeah, definitely gonna be coming back here to try some more food."

,,Glad to hear that." Said Pedro, who had just approached to take the empty plate away. ,,Would you like anything else?" He asked.

I looked at Daniel, he shook his head. ,,No we're good, thank you."

,,Okay then." He answered and took the dishes away.

Daniel looked at Chestnut and grinned. ,,Looks like this baby crashed hard."

I also glanced at the puppy, she was peacefully snoring next to Daniel's feet. ,,She's adorable."

,,Yeah she is, I'm gonna take her upstairs so she can rest a little, then we can go. I'll be right back."

,,Alright."

He took the pup into his arms and went behind the counter to carry her up some stairs. Not even two minutes later he came running the stairs back down.

,,Is Pedro alright with uh.. you leaving your dog here?"

,,Haha yeah, I live up there."

,,Oh, I didn't realize there was a place up there to live.."

,,Yeah, it's his daughters flat. It's not big but it has two bedrooms and she lets me use one of them." He explained while counting his money and putting the right amount on the counter. ,,Yo Pedro, I've left the payment over here. We're leaving." He yelled and the older man nodded in agreement.

,,Okay, hasta luego amigo, adiós bonita." He replied, and smiled at me too, I smiled back and then left the place together with Daniel.

,,Don't worry he calls every woman like that, he doesn't mean it in a weird way."

,,Yeah.. I figured. He seems nice." Can't judge the guy who just brought me the most delicious food I've ever eaten.

,,He is."

,,Uhh do you want me to give you that money back? You didn't have to pay for me.." Where was my mind when he put that money on the counter? Damn.

,,Nah it's fine."

,,Really? You didn't ha-"

,,Really, it's fine. Don't worry."

,,Okay.. thank you, that's kind of you."

,,No problem. So for how long exactly have you been here in Mexico?"

,,Not that long.. just about four months, two months here in Puerto Lobos.. took me quite a while to find this place."

,,I hear you, when I moved here I couldn't find this town either."

,,When did you come here?"

,,Next month it'll be six years ago."

,,Wow that's quite a long time."

He sighed. ,,Yeah, tough time."

What does he mean? Daniel didn't seem to be that comfortable anymore. Should I try and read his thoughts? No. I don't wanna invade his privacy. But on the other hand.. I'm curious. Before I could do anything though he proceeded to speak.

,,Anyways, I guess you haven't seen much of this town yet?"

,,Not really, just my neighbourhood, the beach, my workplace and well, now this Café."