Chapter 6 - Lena

I woke up in a blindingly bright white room. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in some form of hospital.

"Ah, you're awake." Angela said as she walked over to me. I tried to stand up but a shooting pain ran all the way down one of my legs. "(Y/n) don't move, your injuries are still healing."

I laid back against the pillow by the wall.

"How long ago did that happen?" I asked.

"2 days. Lena's been in and out checking on you all the time."

As if on cue, Lena walked in. As soon as she saw that I was awake, she blinked over next to me.

"Hello luv, how're you feeling?" She asked as she sat down on the bed and started rubbing my hand.

"I'm good, I mean, some of my body hurts but other than that, I'm fine."

"Good to hear luv. I was so scared when Gabriel pushed Jack aside and started attacking you, I, I didn't know what to do. I should've helped or something. I, I'm sorry (y/n)."

"Don't be sorry, you've no reason to be. Like I said, if I'm dead or not, I'm happy. If I go down, just remember that I'm going out with a bang."

Lena smiled as I said that. She moved closer up the bed and started fussing my head. It was so nice, I loved it and her. It was the first real human contact that I'd had in years, and I loved it.

Me and Lena were both smiling at each other for quite some time.

"(Y/n), if you want to head back to your room, you're free to do so. Just take it easy." Mercy said.

"Ok." I replied. I barely was able to stand up from the pain in my leg and chest. Lena put her arm under mine and helped me to walk.

"Cya Angie." Lena said as we walked out of the med bay. As we were walking through the overwatch base, we sensed a unnerving atmosphere, almost as if something really bad had or was about to happen. As we were walking through the corridor to my room, Mccree walked past us.

"Hey, Kid. I heard what happened to you. I'd recommend getting out of here now while you can." He said.

"Death doesn't concern me. No matter what happens to me, I'm happy."

"Suit yourself." He said as he walked off. Me and Lena entered my room. She helped me to the sofa and sat down next to me.

Lena sighed as she did so. "What do you thinks gonna happen to overwatch luv." She said as she rubbed my hand.

"Why, what happened after I blacked out?"

"Luv, to put it plainly, shit went down. I dragged you out of the room as Jack and Gabriel got into a massive fight with each other. I'm surprised they're both still alive. When Reinhardt came in and broke it apart, Jack fired Gabriel. Gabriel willingly left without resisting. Nobody knows where he went."

"Well, nobody currently knows where he went." I pointed to my laptop. Lena reached over and grabbed it before handing it to me. I fired it up and went into my hacking console. I went into Talon and started getting into their cameras. I looked around everywhere and couldn't find him. I could see traces of him, like his reaper outfit and his guns, but other than that, there was no sign of him.

"Any luck?" Lena said as she looked across at me.

"No, not a thing." I sighed and closed my laptop lid. For once I wasn't able to get any information out of something which really annoyed me. I smacked the sofa in anger, which really hurt my hand, although I liked the pain. Lena was just looking at me with a sad expression on her face.

"Luv, don't get angry, I don't like seeing you when you're unhappy." She said as she hugged me. I blushed as she did so. Although some people would think it odd that a 26 year old woman was hugging a 15 year old, I didn't care and I don't think Lena did either. I hugged Lena back and started patting her on the back. I pulled her closer to me, as close as I could. This was the first human contact I'd had with someone I loved and cared about since my mum, but I was too young to appreciate it back then. I started crying just thinking about it. She soon realised I was and looked me in the eyes.

"Luv, why are you crying?" She asked as she wiped the tears away from my face.

"Because you're the first person who's actually cared about me and this is the first human contact with someone I love since my mum."

Lena stared into my eyes.

"Do, do you love me?" She asked.

"Yes. I don't expect you to love me back. I'm only 15 and I'm depressing and lonely, so don't feel bad if you don't love me back."

Lena stared into my eyes for a second.

"I, (y/n) I love you too." She said. I was shocked at first and was about to tell her to stop joking, but I was cut off by her pressing her lips against mine. I kissed her back. This was so nice for me, I loved it and her. Lena had finally given me a reason to live. For once, I wouldn't be happier dead then alive. For once, I wanted to live, for once, I was happy.

After a while of making out, we broke apart and stared into each others eyes. I still had tears in mine, and she started to get some in hers as well.

"Do you think people will think it's odd that there's an 11 year difference between us?" Lena said.

"Do I care? Absolutely not. You've finally given me a reason to live and I'm not going to let some people's opinions change it."

Lena stared into my eyes and smiled, before pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Ow." I said as my ribs sent a shooting pain down my left leg.

"Oh, sorry luv." She said with a giggle as she loosened her grip. We stayed like that on the sofa for a while. Eventually though, we separated and she stood up.

"Well luv, I think I should probably get going. People would probably be wondering where I am."

"Yeah." I replied. Lena started to walk out. "Wait, I still don't have your number." I said. Lena stopped in her tracks and walked back to me.

"Here it is." She said as she held out her number on her phone. I entered it into mine and sent her a 'hello Lena' text message. Her phone buzzed as she received it. We smiled at each other. She kissed me on the cheek before walking out.

"See ya luv." She said.

"Bye Lena." I replied.