Chapter 16 - Recovery

I woke up with my arms still around Lena. She had one hand under the pillow and the other on her wound. For some reason, my wound didn't hurt at all yet I had a feeling that Lena was the other way around, sadly.

I stayed there in bed with Lena for quite a while. Eventually though, she started to groan and move a bit. I sat up and gave her all the space she needed. She clasped her wound and groaned as she forced herself upright.

"Morning Lena." I said as I shuffled myself closer.

"Morning luv." She replied as she bent forward slightly and grabbed her wound. "Luv, sorry for putting this on you so early but please could you get some like paracetamol or something."

I got out of bed and got dressed. "Anything for you Lena." I replied. I kissed her on the forehead as I walked out of the room. Genji had said it was his room, but by the looks of things, he'd already moved everything out of it, as there was nothing inside which I could use. I sighed and walked back into the bedroom with Lena.

"Sorry Lena, there's nothing here at all."

Lena sighed and shuffled to the edge of the bed. "Oh well. We'll just have to pop by the med bay and hope that there's something there." She said. She tried to stand up but sat back down and winced instantly.

"Let me help you with that." I said as I walked over to her and put my arm under hers.

"Thanks luv." She said as we stood up together. She kissed me on the cheek as we walked over to her clothes. She slowly sat back down on the bed as I helped her put her clothes back on, since she couldn't bend or twist her torso much at all.

Once she'd put all her clothes on, I helped her to stand back up again.

"I think I should be alright now." She said as she took my arm off from around her. She struggled with her balance for a second but soon regained it. "Yeah, I'm alright." She grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Let's go get some food and see what's going on today." I said. Lena smiled at me as we walked out of our room and into the elevator.

We got down to the bottom floor after talking to eachother in the elevator. Once the doors had opened, we quickly made our way to the med bay since it was closest. As we got there, I opened the door and walked in. Angela was sitting in her chair while simultaneously doing something on her computer and eating what looked like a chicken and jam sandwich. She turned to face us and put her sandwich down.

"Good morning Lena." She said as she stood up and walked over to us. "How can I help?"

"Morning Angie. Just some paracetamol or something like that. It just aches a lot." Lena said. Angela walked over to a cabinet and opened it up. She searched through the cabinet, occasionally picking something out to look at it. After a minute, she came back with a box of tablets.

"I don't have any weaker, more common ones. These are aspirin. Take one every 8-10 hours if you feel you need to. Once the pain has stopped, please return the remaining tablets. Although it isn't necessarily the most safe thing, overwatch is currently in a massive medical supply shortage and we need everything we can get."

Lena took the tablets and smiled.

"Thanks Angie." She said as she put the tablets into her pocket.

"I'm just doing my job." Angela said as she walked back to her desk and continued eating her sandwich which I had now confirmed was chicken and jam after I'd done nothing but stare at it the whole time, contemplating on whether it was actually chicken and jam or not.

"Let's go get some food." I said to Lena. She turned to me and smiled.

"I'd kill for a chip butty right now luv." Lena said with a smile.