Chapter 2- Keefe

"I'll explain later just come with me"

"Ok" she said. He searched for a place that no one could hear them. His dad would kill him if he found out about all of this but after seeing what had just happened he knew he could trust her with what he was about to say.

Once he found a place where no one could hear them he started to explain everything.

"I know this is going to sound weird but you're not human."

She started laughing which got him a little annoyed.

"Yeah of course I'm not human I'm alien," she said sarcastically

"No, I'm serious, you're an elf," he said. At this point she was on the verge of tears.

"Ok but seriously this isn't the time for jokes," she said when she finally started to calm down, " Who are you and what do you want from me?"

"My names Keefe Sencen and I came from the lost cities," he said, "We've been looking for a girl your age who's been hiding in the human world."

"Ok.." she says skeptically

"Look you can read minds right?"

"Yeah."

"Well I can feel emotions,"

"I don't believe you" she says, " Tell me what I'm feeling right now."

"Your feeling confused and skeptical," Keefe says triumphally.

Sophie looks at him in awe

"Look Sophie if you don't believe me I can show you the lost cities," he says.

"Wait how do you know my name," she asks

"I read the newspaper article."

"Oh"

"Well what are you waiting for let's go," he says ,"So there are two rules you have to follow when light leaping-"

"Wait what's light leaping," Sophie interrupts

"It's hard to explain but just listen," Keefe says, "First you must think of your concentration wrapping around yourself."

"Ok.."

"You also have to hold my hand while we leap. If you don't do these things you can fade which is very bad."

Sophie nods

"Ok you ready," he says as he grabs his pathfinder

"Is that a magic wand?" She asks

"What no this is a pathfinder."

"Yeah sure."

"Whatever, let's just go," he grabs her hands and wraps his concentration around Sophie and himself as the light whisks them away.

Thanks you guys so much for reading this. You don't know how much joy it brings me. I'll try and keep my promise on updating every week. Love you guys. ♥︎

-Tam