Chapter 6- Sophie

Sophie woke up that morning excited to see Keefe. She isn't one to wear clothes that stand out since her closet consists of mostly dull colors but she wanted to look nice for Keefe so she put on a yellow shirt and some jeans.

Once she changed she headed downstairs and ate her breakfast. She then went outside to go to school but her next door neighbor stopped her.

"Where do you think your going?" Her old neighbor, Mr.Forkle, asked, "You kids think it's okay to go outside by yourself when these fires are burning the city."

The San Diego wild fires were different then usual. They were these white fires that smelled sweet. Almost like burning sugar.

"I'm going to school," Sophie said as Mr.Forkle started rearranging his gnomes. Sophie thought they looked kinda creepy.

Just then a small dog ran past them. A tall guy a few feet away looked like he was chasing the dog.

"Can you get the dog please?" The guy said while running after the dog. Sophie stepped on the dogs leash making the dog stop running. Sophie gently scooped the dog up and started petting it.

"Thank you so much! It's my sister's dog and she doesn't like me that much," He said as he made his way to them. "Is it ok if you can bring the dog back to my house, I don't know if I can?"

Sophie didn't see anything wrong with that so she was about to agree when Mr.Forkle stopped her.

"Absolutely not" Mr. Forkle got up and walked in front of Sophie blocking her from the guy, "Sophie you need to go back to your house. And you need to take your dog back to your sister."

The guy gave him a glare before barging away.

"Next time Sophie, you need to be careful. People can sometimes be very dangerous," Mr. Forkle said.

✧︎⁎︎∶︎∙︎°∗︎‧︎⁎︎✧

Sophie walked in to the grand doors of her school. She was greeted by a bunch of glares and whispers but everyone quickly went back to talking with each other. Sophie walked down a hallway but someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into a shadowy corner. She let out a little screech but it was muffled by the person putting there hand on her mouth.

"Miss me Foster," A familiar voice said in front of her.

"Keefe you nearly gave me a heart attack," Sophie said while putting her hand on her heart.

"I know. My looks are too much to take in at once," Keefe said with a smirk. Sophie gave him a cold glare, "Woah those are some strong emotions your hitting at me."

"Whatever, where are we going,"

"My home, Candleshade,"

"But I'm going to miss school. My parents were already pretty mad about yesterday," Sophie never gets in trouble with her parents that much so they probably were going to think somethings off.

"We'll figure it out later," Keefe answered, "For now we need to go."

Keefe motioned for Sophie to follow him and snuck out of the school. Once they were safely hidden Keefe grabbed Sophie's hand and light leaped away.

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry I didn't post earlier but I had a busy couple of weeks. Stay safe out there.♥︎

-Tam