Chapter 4

Marz's POV

          I had history after lunch. Ryder was apparently in that class with me. I sat in the back near the door like any other class. Ryder sat next to me. He stared at me the whole class. It would have been creepy but, he was just too hot. And his eyes I swear that I could get lost in them. I tried my best to ignore his stare. I had to ignore him. I couldn't fall for the bad boy. My next class was English. I had it with Bailey. It was the last class of the day.

            After school Bailey drove me home and made me explain everything on the way. She parked A few houses down since I was not allowed to have friends. She thought my family was just strict and didn't want any bad influences.

But in reality, they just didn't want me telling anyone what happened at home. They also just wanted me not to have friends in general. I didn't tell her that though. I couldn't. I didn't wanna make her worry. So I let her believe that my family was just strict and didn't like me to have friends.

         As soon as I got in the house a beer bottle was thrown at me. I tried to dodge it but I missed and it sliced my cheek. My dad grabbed me by the arms and held them above my head. "Where is my dinner Bitch. Your stepmother told you to make it and you didn't." my dad yelled. I looked down trying to keep my tears in. "Look at me when I am talking to you whore. Answer me!" "I will get on it right away sir," I said.

            As soon as I was done cooking dinner he pushed me to the ground and started punching and kicking me. My stepmother decided to join and soon I started coughing up blood. They stopped and I ran with all the strength I had left up the stairs and into my room.

My door didn't have a lock on it so he could just walk in at any time. Luckily he didn't today.

After a few hours, I fell asleep on the floor crying. I woke up and tried to conceal the bruises on my face. It wasn't working so I just threw on a hoodie and put the hood up. I put my hair up in a messy bun.

Her Outfit ~

        I cleaned up the blood on the floor from last night and made breakfast

        I cleaned up the blood on the floor from last night and made breakfast. My ribs and legs were in so much pain but, if they found out that I skipped school I would be dead.

My face felt a little better at least.

I got in Bailey's car and yawned. "Did ya not sleep much last night or something?" she asked. "Not really. I don't know why though."  Of course, I did but, I'm not gonna tell her. What can she do anyway?

When we got to school we saw Ryder and his friends approach us.

        I tried my best to avoid eye contact. Because if I did he would see my bruises. I am 5 foot 2 and he is 6 foot 3 or taller. "Mornin' princess," Ryder said happily. "Good morning," I said quietly.  Ryder and I walked to class together. In class, I just zoned out and ended up falling asleep on the desk.

Ryder's POV

           When I walked into school on the first day back from a year suspension, it was normal. Everyone was the same. All the girls were still sluts and the guys were still just as annoying. But then I looked over and I saw someone I hadn't seen before. She seemed different. I felt attracted to her. That is why I helped her that day. I mentally yelled at myself that day because I don't even know this girl and I am attracted to her. She was just so small and adorable and most of all fragile. I made sure my boys watched him. So that nothing happened while I was gone.

          I sat with her at lunch. I learned that she has a goofy personality and can be feisty when she wants to. I also noticed Jordan hitting it off with her friend.  He normally doesn't go for girls. He had one once, but she ended up cheating on him so I killed her. No one cheats on one of the boys and gets away with it. Now I probably couldn't kill this one because Marz wouldn't approve of it. Plus she would probably hate me and I can't have that happening.

          Now here I am staring at her sleeping. Gosh, she's so cute when she sleeps. I just cannot keep my eyes off of her no matter how hard I try. I know that I shouldn't, but I can't help it.