Chapter 27: Shadow Midas?!?

"My plan is..."
The door swung open and Shadow Midas was standing there holding a gun.

"I thought you were dead, I saw you impaled into a boulder"
"That wasn't me, sweetheart, that was my clone" Shadow Midas said.

I gasped and felt a sharp pain in my leg. I looked down to see a bullet wound. I looked up at Midas who was now full gold. He ran over to Shadow Midas and tackled him to the floor. I sat down on the floor because standing was too painful. I was slowly bleeding out and getting dizzier by the second. I tried to crawl over to Midas' nightstand to get a bandage but passed out before I got there.

I woke up in the medical room with Meowscles and Skye standing next to me.

"Is Midas okay?" I asked.
"He's over here if you wanna see him" Skye said as she helped me stand up and walk over to where Midas was laying.

He had a few bruises and was asleep, but nothing looked too bad.

"Is he okay?" I asked the nurse.
"He will be he just needs some rest" he answered.

I looked at Midas and thought about what had happened. Shadow Midas was still alive. He managed to make a clone of himself, but how. Why did he come today? How did he get past all the henchmen?

"I'll stay here with him if you guys wanna go" I told Skye and Meowscles.

They nodded their heads and left the room. I pulled up a chair and sat next to him. I grabbed his hand and held it in both of my hands. I laid my head down on the side of the bed.

Midas started to move around and my head shot up. I looked up at his face and saw his eyes slowly flutter open. He fully opened his eyes and quickly sat up.

"Oh thank goodness you're okay doll I was scared I lost you" Midas said hugging me tighter than ever before.
"I'm okay it's just a shot to the leg" I said.
"Y/n there was so much blood everywhere. I thought you had bled to death" he replied.

We sat there hugging for a few minutes before I broke the silence.

"Let's go to the lounge room, I'm starving"
"I'm hungry myself" Midas replied.

We walked down to the lounge room and I started making some dinner for Midas and I since we both were in the medical room through dinner. I decided to make some homemade chicken alfredo for the both of us.

About 10 minutes later I had finished and brought Midas a plate full.

"Thanks darling it looks delicious" Midas said.
"You're welcome" I responded.

We started eating and didnt say too much. Whenever we had finished I stood up and felt a sharp pain in my leg. I fell down and almost hit the floor. Midas caught me in his arms and helped me stand back up.

"Are you okay, darling?" Midas asked.
"Yeah, I just felt a sharp pain in my leg when I stood up, but I think I'm alright" I replied.
"Okay, don't do too much so your leg can heal correctly" Midas told me.
"I won't" I groaned.

I started to grab the dishes until Midas took them from me.

"Let me clean up, you cooked. You shouldn't have to do everything darling" Midas smirked.

I went and sat at the stools by the island and watched him as he put the dishes into the incredibly large dishwasher. I never realised there was even a dishwasher there. It looked just like an ordinary cabinet.

Once Midas had finished cleaning up he came and sat next to me and started looking at the bandages. He looked hurt and sad.

"This isn't your fault Midas" I told him.
"No, it was the Shadow version of me. It still hurts knowing I was in the room when it happened and how I didn't stop him in time" Midas said as his voice cracked a few times.
"Let's go watch some movies and snuggle I think that'll help" I said grabbing Midas' hand.

I pulled him over to the couch and we sat down together as I turned on The 100. We cuddled for a while until we heard someone else come in. I sat up and saw Mewoscles and Skye.

"Mind if we join you guys?" Skye asked.
"Not at all" I responded as Midas and I scooted over making room for the two.

They laid down across from us and cuddled up together. I looked over at Midas and he was still looking at my bandages with a hurt look.

"Midas, quit worrying I'm fine. I hate seeing you sad"
"I'm sorry, I just feel bad and guilty, darling"
"Midas, I love you, but you're being very stubborn right now. It's not your fault at all"
"I know but-"
"No buts"

Midas looked at me and I looked at him. We stared into each others eyes and just admired each other for a while. Midas would look down at my lips every now and then and I would look down to his. Then finally we started kissing. I rolled over so I was laying ontop of him. We just kept kissing for a while and only pulled apart when we needed air.

"Aww look at you two" Skye said.

We just ignored her and kept kissing. I could hear her camera clicking from taking pictures, but I didnt care.

After a couple minutes we stopped and just laid there admiring each other. I looked over to see Skye and Meowscles now making out. Midas and I just chuckled and looked at each other.

"I'm tired we should probably head to bed" I told Midas as I yawned.
"Me too" Midas replied standing up.

I stood up and almost fell over because of the same sharp pain as earlier. Lucky for me Midas helped me gain my balance back. I started to limp over to the door until Midas picked me up bridal style and carried me to his room. We got ready for bed and went to sleep.