Chapter 8

*Edited*

OLIVIA'S pov:

We pulled up outside Benny's ice cream parlour. A small smile played on my lips. Back when we were six, both me and Brennan told each other how we liked each other so we decided to go on a date. Our parents just laughed at us and brought us here for ice cream. To us it was like our first date.

"I thought we could come back here and maybe make it a proper first date?" Brennan said nervously while scratching the back of his neck. "It's perfect Brennan. I love it. But who said this was a date?" I teased him. He looked shocked at first, but when I laughed he knew I was joking.

"Stay in the car and wait for a second." Brennan said to me. He got out of the car and ran around the front of it. He came to my door and opened it for me. He grabbed my hand again and intertwined our fingers. His touch alone sent shivers down my spine.

We walked up to the door of the parlour and held it open for me. The bell above the door rang as we entered. A girl around 2 years younger than us was working at the till. "Hiya. What can I get y'all today?" "What would you like Livy?" Brennan turned to me. "Um I'll have two scoops of double chocolate on a waffle cone please." "And for you?" "Eh yano what? I'll have the same." "Ok I'll get that done straight away. And if you don't mind me saying, you two make a gorgeous couple." With that she walked away leaving us dumbstruck.

We stood there in silence until she came back. "Here you go. Two 2 scoop double chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone. The total will be $5.74." I went to take my purse out of my bag but before I could, Brennan already paid for it and grabbed the two cones walking off to a booth in the corner of the parlour.

Coincidentally the one we sat in when we were younger.

"You didn't have to pay for my ice cream. I could've paid for myself." I had to protest to him. He didn't need to pay. "Livy. What kind of date would I be if I didn't pay for your ice cream?" That sent alone made me blush furiously. "Thank you B." I smiled shyly at him.

His eyes snapped up to mine when I called him by his nickname when were younger. "Do you remember this booth. Our first date. Well it was kinda half assed since we were 6 but let's do it properly this time." "I'd like that." He had his ice cream gone by the time I was halfway to finishing it.

"I think we have a conversation to continue with don't you?" I needed to know more about what we were talking about earlier.

"Uh yeah of course. So before I moved back here, you could say that I was popular in school. I was the leading quarterback on the football team. Dad loved the fact that I was playing football. I mean I didn't really want to waste my time playing football. I wanted to focus on my studies because I'll be inheriting my dads company in like 2 years. Every girl in the school threw themselves at me. But I didn't give in. I've always promised to myself that I wouldn't be like other boys. You know the ones that just sleep with random girls? I couldn't do that to anyone. My mom didn't raise me like that. They were obsessed with my because of my status and the tattoos. But as I've said, I'm not going to give into temptation until I know she's the one for me."

By the time he was finished speaking, I was shell shocked. "What's the story with your tattoos then. Why'd you get so many of them so young?" I questioned him curiously.

"I don't know. I mean I've always wanted them. I got them after Amanda was born. All my parents attention were towards her. But don't get me wrong, they still had time for me but I just felt like I needed something else in my life ya know?" "Yeah I get what you mean. I-eh I actually got a tattoo for my 18th birthday." I told him shyly. "No way. My Livy, my shy best friend got a tattoo? I'm actually not surprised. What is it?" Maybe it was a bad idea telling him. He stared at me, waiting patiently for me to tell him what the tattoo is. "It's a Uh- it's two flowers that meet at the stalk of the flower under my boob." I whispered the last part, embarrassed to say it to him. "Well hopefully one day I'll get to see it." He told me cheekily which had me blushing like mad.

After I finished up my ice cream, Brennan grabbed my hand again and walked out the door

After I finished up my ice cream, Brennan grabbed my hand again and walked out the door. We got in his car and were on our way home. The whole ride home was silent but we were still holding hands.

He pulled up in his driveway, got out and walked me to the front door. "I hope we can do this again Livy." "You kmow we will B." I decided to be daring. "Can I have your number actually? Just in case." "Oh yeah sure here." I handed him my phone while he handed me his and we put our numbers into each other's phones.

After doing that we said goodbye. I was about to close the front door when he called my name. "Hey Livy. I'm bringing you to school again tomorrow. Same time as this morning." And with that he retreated into his own house, leaving me with a gaping mouth.

"Hi sweetie. How was ice cream with Brennan?" My mom asked me when I went into the house. "Yeah it was fine mom. Hey uh can I actually talk to you. Just you and me?" "Of course sweetie. You know you can talk to me about anything. What wrong?" "It's just about Brennan. He said to me last night that he uh- he really likes me and today he said that going for ice cream was like a proper version from when we were six. I mean you know I liked him. I still do. But I don't know what to do. I've never been with anyone before. I just- I don't know how to act around him or what to do I just, I don't know mom." Once I started speaking, it all just came out. "Oh honey. Listen all you can do is be you. Brennan obviously still likes you after all these years. Baby you just gotta be honest with him and communicate and be you. You two will last I know it. You'll have your fairytale ending with Brennan." "Thanks mom. You're the best. I love you." I felt ashamed for not saying it as much as I summonsed to. "I love you too baby. Now go upstairs and get your homework done before your dad comes home for dinner." With that being said, I ran upstairs to get my work done.

At 6:30, I was called down by my mother for dinner. We ate dinner, had a good chat between the three of us. It was good having my parents back after them being gone for a few weeks to New York.

It was 9:30 by the time I got upstairs. I went for a quick shower and got ready for bed. I went to close my curtains and yet again I see Brennan staring at me dead in the eyes.

He lifted his phone up and typed something then put it up to his ear. One Direction started playing in the background. He was calling me.

"Hey Livy." His husky voice came through the speaker.

What a story from Brennan!!!

Who knew innocent Olivia would get a tattoo???

What do you think their phone conversation will be about???

Let me know!!!;)

Word count: 1358 words