Part 2

Eight years had passed, Sonic was the first one to wake up, he went outside, and saw the sun rising, so he went to wake up his parents to remind his father of his training lessons to be king. "Dad, wake up!" said Sonic, as he rush inside his parents room. Sonic notice that his father is still asleep, so he started to calm him, to wake him up. Queen Aleena notice that Sonic is finally awake, and she knew that her husband was too lazy to get up. "Your son is awake." said Queen Aleena. "You do know that he is also your son?" said King Jules. "Dad please! You promise!" said Sonic, as King Jules finally surrender and decided to get up. "Alright, Sonic, alright. I'm up, I'm up." said King Jules, which made Sonic very happy, that he ran to the kitchen to eat his breakfast with his family. After saying goodbye to Queen Aleena, King Jules took Sonic to the tallest mountain and showed him the kingdom. "Look here, Sonic, everywhere the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Sonic, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king." said King Jules. "Wow! Everything the light touches... But what about that shadowy place?" said Sonic as he was looking at a place outside the kingdom. "That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Sonic. Said King Jules. "But I thought a king can do whatever he wants." said Sonic. "There's more to being a king than getting your way all the time." said King Jules. "There's more?" said Sonic very curious. "Oh, Sonic." said King Jules as laughs a little seeing that his son is more curious to become a king. As they were walking in the village, King Jules told Sonic him he should take care of the people and told him about the history of the hedgehog guard, because he believe that one day the hedgehog guard will return. Chuck came to give his brother the morning report. "Good morning, brother" said Chuck. "Good morning, Charles." said King Jules, happy to see his brother. "I have come to give you the morning report." said Chuck. "Fire away. " said King Jules. While Chuck was giving the morning report, King Jules decided to teach Sonic about pouncing. When Sonic understood how to pounce, he pounce on his Uncle Chuck. Chuck started to laugh and was so proud that his nephew learn how to pounce, King Jules was also proud of him. Jet, a green bird, came to give news to Chuck. "Brother, hyenas in the village!" said Chuck. "Charles, take Sonic home." said King Jules. "Dad, I wanna go too." said Sonic. "No son." said King Jules, as he went to stop the hyenas. Sonic was upset, because he couldn't go to help his dad stop the hyenas. Chuck cheered him up, saying, " Ah, don't worry, Sonic. One day, when your old enough, you will chase away those hyenas," and took him back to the castle. Later on Sonic went to visit his Uncle Scar. Even though Scar is not really Sonic's uncle, he still called him that because he used to be a member of Sonic's uncle, Taka, hedgehog guard. Scar pretended to be happy to see his nephew, even though he isn't. Sonic told him say?" "I despise guessing game." Scar said mumbling. "I'm going to be king of Mobius." said Sonic happy. "Oh, goody." said Scar not happy. "My father showed me the kingdom, and I'm gonna rule it all." said Sonic Scar pretended to be happy for him, then laid down on the floor. Sonic ask his Uncle saying, "Hey Uncle Scar, if I'm going to be king what makes you?" Sonic ask.  Scar told him, "A monkey's uncle."  Sonic started to laugh for what Scar said to him, and Scar smiled a little. Scar ask Sonic saying, "So, did your father showed you the other side of the kingdom?" Sonic told him, "No, he said I couldn't go there." Scar told him, "And he's absolutely right. Only the brave ones can go there." Sonic told him, "Well I'm brave. So, what's out there. Scar knew that if he told him what it is, he would go there and maybe the hyenas would finish him off. So he told, "Well on the other side is the elephant graveyard." "The elephant grave yard! WOW!" "Alright Sonic, go out and play, and promise not to go to the other side." said Scar. Sonic told him he won't, but in reality, he will go there, then he hugged his uncle. Scar told him, "That's a good boy. Now you run along and have fun, and remember it's our little secret." After Sonic left, Scar went to visit the hyenas in secret to tell him of his evil plan.