Chapter one: First day of Chaos

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short. I wanted to get it out for y'all so you guys didn't have to wait to long. If you are from my previous smplive hs fic, welcome back! For anyone new, Welcome! I hope y'all enjoy :)

Cooper stared down at his phone as he sent a quick text to his best friend, Travis. He looked up for a few seconds, looking around the crowded cafeteria but looked back down when he couldn't spot his friend. He and Travis had decided to enroll together when they heard about the new highschool Carson's dad was opening. Carson is another one of Cooper's close friends, who unlike him and Travis was the more responsible guy in the group. He had convinced them to enroll, saying they'd get a better education then the high school they were zoned to, and currently attending. It didn't take much to persuade them. Everyone who lived in this town knew how shitty the high school was.

Now back to his current spot in the crowded cafeteria. He had been enrolled in this school his junior year, many others enrolling into the grades above and below him. Despite what grade they were in, it was still everyone's first day at this new and apparently better high school. Well, all except the freshman. They had the pleasure of having options when it came to picking a high school, even if it was only two. Cooper looked up once again, spotting a waving Travis and a jumping Carson. They'd apparently spotted him before he could spot them. The least they could do is come to him...

——

Cooper walked through the empty space between the lunch tables, looking around him at the crowded tables he spotted a few familiar faces. Some dug into their phone screens and others conversing with their peers. "Listen, I didn't mean to hold your wood, but you shouldn't have jerked me off again." Cooper overheard a kid at the table left of him say to another guy. He cringed, pulling his hood over his head and walked a little quicker to his destination. "Wh- hey wait that- that was a joke-" Cooper assumed the guy was talking to him but all he did was pick up the pace.

Cooper made it across the cafeteria, greeting them and sliding into the seat next to Travis. "Hey, Cooper. We're just talking about how crowded it is in here." Carson said, his finger sliding down his phone screen until he picked it back up again. "It's been more of me talking then we." Travis said, watching as Carson smiled smugly to himself, setting his phone down. "It's because I'm not that surprised. Mineplex fucking sucked, I'm not surprised everyone flocked to this newer school once it opened." Carson shrugged, picking his phone up when it pinged. "Well it had one thing going for it which was the name. But this school? What kind of school name is SMPLIVE?" Cooper asked, watching Carson smile smugly once again. "And what the hell are you doing?" He asked, resting his arms on the table.

"8-ball. He's been playing it all morning." Travis answered for him. "He's on his 306th win" Travis added, looking over when Carson corrected him "603, actually." Cooper rolled his eyes, Travis laughing next to him. "But seriously, SMPLIVE?" Cooper asked once again. Carson put his phone back down, looking back at Cooper. "I don't really know, dude. Probably Survival multiplayer" Carson jokes, chuckling to himself. "That would make sense. This is school after all" Travis agreed, smiling.

"Jesus Christ." Cooper grumbled, his arms crossing on the table. "So what can you tell us about the teachers?" He asked Carson, Travis nodding next to him. Carson put his phone in his jacket pocket, looking satisfied with himself. "Well they're pretty good teachers. Been doing their job for a while so you shouldn't have to worry about things getting out of hand." Carson said, glancing around at the cafeteria and the people in it. "Well I mean, I'm not sure about this place-" Carson wasn't able to finish his sentence, a few kids crowding the table next to them screaming "BAYBLADE RIP" followed by a bunch of skidding sounds.

"As you can see it is very chaotic here." Carson finished, sighing. "But besides that, the teachers are definitely very different from each other. Mr. Ant is strict but he seems pretty chill when I talk to him out of school related shit." Cooper and Travis gave him an odd look. "My dad and him are drinking buddies." Carson explained. "Also pretty sure one of the teachers is a stoner, but what can you do?"

Cooper hummed, looking up when an older woman with shoulder length hair, and kind eyes blows a whistle, the cafeteria quieting down.