Chapter Two

The police did not handle it.

Peter woke up confused and disoriented. He felt like he could sleep for days if he wanted to, but he forced his eyes open anyway, only to be met with the sight of a completely empty cell with grey, cement walls.

It took him a minute to register the intense feeling of coldness that raked his body. He looked down at himself and saw that he was wearing nothing but boxer shorts.

And just like that, all the events from Times Square had rushed back to him, and he was up on his feet in seconds.

He clearly stood up too quickly, because moments later the room began to spin and black spots took over his vision. He was pushed back to the floor by metal chains that he hadn't noticed until now, securely attached to his arms and legs.

"Woah kid, relax for a minute."

He opened his eyes again, not realizing he's closed them to begin with, and took a double take when he saw who had spoken.

The news reporter from before stared back at him, looking relatively unharmed and more importantly, not dead, but for some reason he was still here.

Peter felt like he was going to throw up.

"What are you doing here?"

The reporter shrugged his shoulders. "The hell if I know."

He didn't seem to be in the mood to converse, but Peter was desperate for answers. So, he tried once more.

"Do you know what happened to everyone else?"

The reporter let out a sigh before responding, "to my knowledge, everyone is okay. It was just you and me that were taken.

Despite the situation, Peter felt himself give his own sigh of relief. These aren't the most ideal circumstances to be in, and he hates that he dragged this poor man into this mess, but at least some people were saved in the process.

"How long have I been out?"

"Only a few hours or so, the one guy said that you were supposed to be down for at least twenty four hours, but I don't think it's been that long.

Peter nodded in a sign of acknowledgement and began to reevaluate his surroundings. If the bandits thought that he was going to be out for a full day, then that hopefully meant that they won't check in on them until that time comes.

He could easily break out of the chains in seconds, so those weren't going to cause an issue. If he were alone he would have climbed up to the ceiling and break into the vent, Hawkeye style. He could have the reporter hold onto him as he climbed up, but that risks the man falling and breaking his neck in the process. Plus, he wasn't sure if the two of them would even be able to fit together or where it would lead them.

He could also break the locks and fight his way out combat style, but he has no idea where they are located and he highly doubts that the reporter had counted his steps when they were being transported. Plus, it's almost impossible to fight when there are guns added to the equation.

For now, the only logical option was to wait and see what the villains wanted from him. The thought didn't comfort him in the slightest.

Turns out, Peter didn't have to wait for very long. Not only ten minutes later, and the door was being slammed open as multiple guards walked into the room. Much to his surprise, they were no longer wearing ski masks to cover their faces. He could easily distinguish which one of them was the leader simply from the way he held himself, arrogant yet poised at the same time, as if they were at a business meeting.