Chapter Three

Peter spent a full hour mourning for the man who was shot. He broke the chains off of his wrists and ankles as soon as the door was locked shut, and he crawled his way over to murder scene.

After fifteen minutes, he pulled the dead man close to his chest, rocking him back and forth like that would offer any comfort.

After thirty minutes, he noticed a wedding ring on his right hand, and Peter moved away to throw up in the corner of the cell.

After forty five minutes, he stood as far away from the dead man as possible, aggressively rubbing at the blood that had dried on his hands. He was unable to properly get it off.

After an hour, Peter decided that he hated himself.

He hated what he was about to do.

Slowly, he approached the dead body and kneeled down. This time, instead of focusing on the man, he felt the suit that he had been wearing and started to slowly take it off of him.

Peter made sure not to look at his face that was now unrecognizable from the bullet wound. He couldn't ignore the blood that stained his white button up, so he decided to leave it on him.

Then, he took off his pants, and tried not to think about how wrong this all was.

Eventually, Peter had the pants, jacket, and shoes on his body. It took him a moment to get all of the buttons in place due to his shaking fingers, and he had to cinch the pants as tightly as possible with a belt due to Peter's smaller frame, but other than that it had been relatively easy. Surprisingly, he and the man were the exact same shoe size.

He tried not to think about how he was wearing a dead man's attire, that he stole right off his body.

Peter ignored the warmth that the extra layers offered him; he felt significantly less cold now that he had actual clothing on, but he didn't think he deserved the luxury of enjoying it.

He didn't look back as he began to climb the wall and break into the ceiling vent. He noticed that there was blood coating the inside of his fingernails, and he swallowed down vile.

Then, he was inside the vent, crawling to find an escape.

It was almost impossible to tell what rooms were vacant, but with his super hearing and sixth sense, he was able to get a general idea. He finally found a room that was completely empty, and he opened the vent to see a window directly across.

In any other scenario, Peter would have celebrated.

He quietly climbed down the wall and made his way to the unoccupied window. He unlocked and opened it, and jumped out with ease.

The air was warmer than it had previously been, and there was no snow on the ground. Definitely not in New York City then.

Peter was still processing his surroundings when he heard a voice from behind him. He spun around to see a few of the guards headed his direction.

He slammed the window shut and sprinted as fast as he could.

~ ~ ~

Peter's not sure how long he's been running, but by the time he had finally lost them, the sun was starting to go down.

He had to thank the spider bite for the successful escape. He would have lost energy hours ago if it wasn't for the agility that naturally came with superpowers.

Peter guessed that he's made a significant distance away from the cell, but he's not sure where he lead himself to. He entered the first building he sees, which happens to be a Burger King. He keeps his head down as he dashes straight for the restroom.