𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡, 𝑠𝑎𝑠𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒

"it's bullshit is what it is, pretty girls like you get out of here in a year, girls like me... we rot in these cells."

that's the last thing my cell mate told me. the last thing before i was so rudely awaken and told to go to the head warden's office. i wasn't sure what to expect, i had been reasonably good lately, sure not to cross anyone. after two weeks ago, i was sure i never wanted to get in trouble here again.

"miss. josephine, please come in." i heard the warden call and walked into the small interrogation room. i sat in the cold chair, my body racking with nerves.

"i'm sure you are confused about why you are here, we want to give you an offer. one that you won't get again. as i'm sure you know, you turn eighteen soon."he starts and i scoff.

"no shit, really? not like it's my birthday or anything." i smart and he raises his eyebrows at me, making me sink back in my seat and stay quiet.

"that means you have to register into prison, real prison. so, every year we have a new, wealthy man that comes in. they all work for a small charity that will get you back into the world and on your feet again, with rules and exceptions of course. you will stand in a line up with other girls from your age group who are competing for the same opportunity. after lining up, mr. malik will bring you to this room and ask you a few questions, such as why you think he should pick you, and so on." my face scrunched in confusion, so a prison beauty pageant? that's kinda fucked.

i walked out of the small room, my hands still tightly cuffed in front of me. my steps are slow and unsteady, no where near graceful, which is normal for me.

i find myself in the line up area from where i first got my head shots... oh boy... to go back to those days.

i was caught with drugs in my car, only a few months after getting my drivers license... of course, i didn't see much of a future for myself anyway so i made sure my parents used their money for them, not for my bail.

i was sentenced with three years, three fucking years. i have been in here for a total of almost two years now... and i definitely didn't want to go to prison, but nothing about this arrangement was okay.

"line up, waters." i heard the guard call and i stood beside a girl i knew as crystal, i heard she beat the shit out of a girl and curbed her face in. i never asked her the reason, maybe i will if we both get sent to prison.

i stood 5 foot nothing and i didn't look half as seductive as these other girls who were tall enough to be models i'm sure.

"turn." the guard called again and a smirk came to my face, memories of my first day flashing through my mind . did my mug shot have a middle finger in it? yes, it did.

i slightly look to my right to see the one sided glass... i'm sure that old pervert is watching and judging us all right behind the safety of that blacked out glass. disgusting.

girls started to walk to the interrogation room one by one, me being the second to last. i turned to see melony was last in line.

"you nervous?" i ask her, noticing her shifting uncomfortably. melony was yet another tall, beautiful girl who towered over me. we never talked much but she gave me a bit of advice to keep a pretty figure for when we get out of here, so we could become strippers. she says that's the only place that will hire someone straight out of jail.