3

"Is there more, Castielle?" Lynnette asks intently staring at Castielle.

Castielle shrugs, "There is, but it's mostly war preparations and the beginning of the campaign. Has very little to do with finding Sierra."

Even though she isn't looking at Greyson she can feel him stiffen at Castielle's words.

"You disagree Micah?" Lynnette asks turning towards him.

"Only in that Castielle only had nominal control over his bloodlust at that time. As long as he didn't leave obvious death as being vampire it didn't matter much."

"I preferred being in the thick of the battle. I believe I told you that once."

"Yeah, I believe you said that you let your predator free or something like that."

Castielle nodded and looked away in shame.  "I already told you that I am well aware that I'll be going to hell when I die."

Sierra sniffs at his words.

Before Castielle could say anything Greyson does, "Your hands aren't blood free either, Sierra. You have no room to talk. As a matter of fact the only one that is blood free in this room is Lynnette."

With his words the other two settle down in sullen silence.

"I think it is time for Sierra to give her story up to her turning. Then Castielle can give his point of view of what happened." Lynnette doesn't miss Castielle's wince when she says that.

"As you wish, Lynnette," Sierra says stiffly. She doesn't like remembering that life. Although she hadn't chosen to become a vampire, the life she lived after she became one was infinitely better than the life she had before. Now she isn't powerless, now she isn't taken advantage of.

"As you may or may not know," Sierra begins, "I worked in a whorehouse, but I was NOT a whore. I was the daughter of a whore and was given shelter and food there on the condition, that I would clean and help cook the meals for the whores." Sierra shrugs her shoulders. "There wasn't much choice for someone like me. My only other option would be to become like my mother who died of the pox when I was just seven."

Her words make both male vampires wince in sympathy. She ignores them both.

"I managed to avoid notice of the customers for years, doing my best to getting the work done as early as possible so that I could stay in the kitchen once the customers started coming.

"One day, about a year before Castielle turned me, I was too slow in my work and a customer came in and made his way to the back. He cornered me and, well, I was no longer a virgin.

"The madam had him taken to the courts, but there is no justice for someone like me. He wasn't even slapped with a fine, but the madam barred him from coming back to the whorehouse. He wasn't happy about that. 

"The madam was a friend of my mother's and so she did her best to help me overcome the trauma of what happened. She made sure that there would be no child from that encounter and then asked if I wanted to become a whore now. I thanked her but said no. She said that she understood and allowed me the night off and the next day, but after that I would need to get back to work."

Sierra gives both males a sneer as she glares at them both, "Neither of you believed me when I told you I wasn't a whore. I don't know why you are so angry with my story now."

"Peace, Sierra, peace, please continue your story." Sierra calms down as Lynnette talks to her, but then the tears come.

"The bastard must have told some friends of his about me, because other slipped past the guards set there for the servants protection and had their way with me. There were four of them all told by the time the war came to our city.

"The whole city was more than a little crazy. The atmosphere was unreal. The whores were never busier then they were then. It was like the men knew that they were going to die so they had to get their fucks in before they did." Sierra sniffs, "I knew that many of our regulars had wives at home that they could be with, but they, apparently, didn't know how to fuck good enough to satisfy the males. Either that or they were just pigs." The two vampire males flinch rather hard at her harsh words. "I'm leaning towards pigs. After all it was pigs that cornered me and took their pleasure, leaving me with nothing but pain." Castielle looks away in shame.

"I was instructed by the mistress that if the city falls that I and the cook should hide in the cellar. The door is hidden and it was the only safe spot to be. The whores would do their best to keep the soldiers occupied."

Lynnette waits as Sierra stops and pulls herself together after roughly wiping off the tears from her face.

"It was just a short time after that the war hit our city and the siege began. We all awaited in nervous anticipation. There was a strict curfew so there were no customers. The whores would pace and pace. I cleaned like I never have before. All surfaces were shiny enough you could see your reflection.

"The cook did her best with the supplies we could get. She was a miracle worker with the most basic of ingredients." Sierra gives a small smile at the memory. Then she glares at Castielle.

"Castielle killed her as she was running towards the cellar. Just like he tried to kill me. Fortunately I was able to wound him a bit with the kitchen knife I had in my hand that I had forgotten to put down since I had been helping to make dinner.

"The wounds would have been bad enough to kill a human, might take awhile but they would kill. Too bad he hadn't been."

"Sierra," Greyson growls a warning at her.

"Sorry, Lord Micah," Sierra says, reverting to how she called him when she first turned. She missed the wince that comes fleetingly over Greyson's face at her words.

"Castielle didn't much care for the knife wounds and beat the shit out of me before tearing my dress off and, well you know." Sierra is unable to look at any of them in the room with those words.

Lynnette watches intently Castielle's reaction to Sierra's words. She is well pleased by what she sees. Castielle is plagued by guilt. There is still hope, if Sierra can get to the point of forgiving Castielle that is.