6

"You have things dealt with, Lynnette?" Darius says stopping behind the couch.

Sierra gives Lynnette one last pleading look.

Greyson doesn't dare to look at Lynnette for fear of her telling Darius just to piss him off since he's been such a prick to her lately.

"I think we have things resolved, at least the worst of it. Sierra will be staying here in the seethe instead of running errands for you like she did and in return she promises that she won't start fights with Castielle."

Darius raises just one eyebrow at those words. "How did you manage to get her to make that promise?"

Three sets of eyes are turned on Lynnette waiting for her answer.

"I threatened something and Sierra didn't like it."

"Ohh? What did you threaten her with?" Darius is intrigued.

"What were you meeting with your father and grandfather about?" Lynnette turns the question around. Darius shuts up. "Right. Any way, I think, hope really that Castielle won't succumb to the darkness. That is if he doesn't kill himself first."

With those words Sierra's eyes widen in horror.

"Forgive me, I must go." Sierra races out of the room. Three sets of eyes watching her intently.

"She admit to it?" Darius asks the other two vampires.

"Not in so many words. Perhaps she'll be able to take the rest of his darkness away. I don't think she understood just how much her actions towards him contributed to his darkness. Hopefully she will be finding him and asking him for his forgiveness as well as giving hers. If she does then I think that he might just make it." Lynnette says thoughtfully.

"And if she doesn't?" Greyson asks anxiously.

"I don't know. His guilt from his actions of centuries past rides him pretty hard. The pain and anger of his abuse as a child as well as the anger of the times, the hate rides pretty strong. It's hard to dislodge something buried that deep for that long. He's strong though and with a bit of forgiveness he might be able to pull himself out of the pit he's been residing in for centuries."

"I'm sure that you've done your best. Your pets are wondering if they should stay elsewhere for the night?"

"Yes," Greyson answers for her. "I still need to talk to Lynnette and don't want any interruptions."

"Good. They were talking about spending the night with either Joanie or Lilla."

"They can spend it with Joanie, I don't want them interrupting Castielle and Sierra."

"Very well. You still need to eat, Lynnette, Micah." Darius says even as he walks slowly to the door.

"I'll make sure that she eats, Darius."

Darius merely nods doing his best to not slump his shoulders. Was keeping his father and grandfather's secret worth the relationship with his daughter?

They both watch as Darius fully shuts the door. They hear it click shut then Lynnette looks at Greyson expectantly.

Greyson now feels the shame that earlier Castielle had felt.

As time goes by Lynnette is getting impatient.

"Look, if all you're going to do is sit here silently then you might as well leave. I can't take this any more. I've already talked to Darius about being transferred to the council."

This brings Greyson's head up in shock and pain. "You mean the position you told Sierra about?"

"Yes, I'm not needed here and there at least I'll have something to do besides help Cassie with her homework. You won't need to go out of your way to avoid me since I won't be here."