In which I'm cornered (10)

*Unedited*

I was never a good runner. I would run for a few minutes and lose my breath.

In PE, I was always behind everyone else.

And of course, when I was chased in my previous school, I was always caught.

I should've known I'll get caught again.

"The newbie really thought he could run away, uh?" Kyle asked, shoving me against the lockers. I put my hand on my casted arm, fearing he would hurt it.

His friends laughed, one of them looking around us- probably in case someone will come.

But no one ever did, I could say that from experience.

"Did you hear about that bet, newbie? How everyone wants to break you so damn bad?" His friend asked, smirking.

"I bet we could set a could record, wouldn't we?" Kyle asked, and before I could do anything, his fist connected with my face.

I tried not to make a lot of sound, since I knew it would only make the beating worse.

All I could was stare at the floor as I waited for them to finish with me. I would be faster that way.

Then when they're done, I lock myself in my room and paint something. Or maybe I'll draw.

I focused on thinking about what I'll draw, feeling another punch in my stomach. It shook me away from my thoughts, taking away my breath.

In the background, I heard Kyle and his friends yelling, but I was already back in my safe space inside my head.

It was the only way I could take this.

But then, I heard a familiar voice, and this time I was back in reality.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Callum asked, making his way towards us as he briefly looked at me on the floor.

"Just giving the new kid a lesson," The brow haired guy said, his tone making it seem like we were just playing together and they weren't giving me a beating.

Callum kept walking until he stood in front of me and the others, glaring at Kyle's hand that held the collar of my shirt.

"Let him go." Callum ordered, his voice deep and cold- the exact opposite from his usual warm, soft tone.

Kyle tilted his head, a taunting smile on his face. "Or what?" he asked.

It was so sudden that I was confused for a second as to what had just happened.

I looked at Kyle as he wiped his lips, blood coming out from the punched he got from Callum.

Now that I was free from Kyle's hold, Callum took my right arm and helped me up, pushing me to stand behind him.

Callum was just a bit shorter than them, but I knew for a fact that there was no way he could fight and win the three of them.

However, Kyle's two friends stared, as if unsure what they should do.

When Kyle stepped forward, the blond one caught his arm. "Are you crazy? We'll have Saito, Galvin and Santo on our ass." He mumbled, loud enough for us to hear.

I remembered those boys who talked about their club, but I didn't think anyone feared them.

Kyle slapped his hand away and stepped in front of Callum, taking a hold of his collar.

"I don't give a shit," He said to his friend. I couldn't tell what Callum was thinking, since I was right behind him.

His hands were clenched by his sides, shoulders tensed. He was ready to fight all of them, even if he would get hurt.

And all of this was... for me?

"Johnson." A different voice called out, and I picked from behind Callum to see who it was.

This guy was so tall and big, I was unsure for a second if he was a student. However, the bag on his shoulder and the way neither the guys seemed to worry he was a staff member made me realize he was a student.

Kyle's eyes landed on me as soon as I stepped to the side making Callum to reach his hand and push me behind him again.

"Kelso," Kyle replied, still not letting go of Callum's Collar. "We're kind of busy right now." He said, and suddenly I saw his hand going up to strike Callum- however he never landed the punch.

I looked up at the guy who held Kyle's arm. I stepped to the side again to get a better view, but this time Callum didn't push me back. He was to busy glaring at the new guy, clenching his jaw.

"Let him go, Johnson." The guy ordered, and from the look in his light, blue eyes I could tell there was no room to not do as he said. Kyle must've seen the same thing since he slowly released his grip on Callum.

When he did, Callum took a few steps back, taking me with him with a hold on my arm.

Kyle looked at the guy, who was even taller than Dom, than turned to look at Callum before finally landing his gaze on me.

There was a twitch to his lips, like he wanted to smile. The look on his face was clear; this wasn't over.

I felt myself flinch slightly, hand going to my throat, then my stomach as the pain reminded me I was hit there.

Callum glared at Kyle and his friends as they all walked away, disappearing around the corner.

"That was fucking unnecessary," Callum cursed, making me jump.

He was still glaring at the tall, blond guy, who in return was silently watching Callum with a blank look. He looked muscular under his black jacket and black shirt, his face all sharp lines. His blond hair was shorter on the sides, longer on the top, a bit messy with a few strands on his forehead.

"I could've fought all of them, I didn't need you to intervene." Callum stated, giving him one more glare before dragging me away with him, back to the club's room.

I looked back, but the guy was already gone.

"Are you okay?" Callum asked after we stopped, examining me. He was back to the Callum I always saw, the warm and kind Callum. I didn't even think Callum had the ability to glare at someone like he did to that big guy.

I nodded silently, then before I could stop myself, I asked; "Who was that tall guy?"

Callum became tensed almost immediately, dropping his eyes to the floor with a hardened look.

"His name's Ace Kelso, a senior. He's just a dick who probably thinks I'm too weak to handle a few fights," He said. Callum shook his head, eyes back to examine me.

"Let's go back to the others, they'll want to know what just happened." He stated, grabbing my arm again and pulling me with him.

I blinked at him as we walked. We were going to tell the others? Would they even care? I mentally gulped.

I couldn't help but wonder if this time, I will have someone to stand up for me. Maybe these four boys in my new club would help me against the other students and that bet.

And, for the first time; I had hope that someone was going to stand by me. 

~*~

So there's talk of schools getting shut again in my country which is great (note my sarcasm), but other than that how are you doing? Hopefully great!

Next update will be next week, so stay tuned for that! 

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to...

Vote

Comment

Follow

And stay healthy!

StellarK25