CHAPTER 1: Big Day

Jaiqa's POV

Sitting here alone on the edge of the school field, letting my butt off on the bench makes feel bored. Today is the school's foundation day and annually our head mandates us to join their boring festive contests.

What a lame idea. Tsk.

If I were the school head, I would have just let the students go and tells them not to return back here anymore. Maybe they would rather thank me for setting them free. Palibhasa mga utak-talangka. Taliwas ang sistema sa paghawak ng administration sa school. How can they be so mean to us?

A deep breath of sigh escaped from my mouth.

Little did they know, we are just a prisoner here. Doing what they wanted us to do. Saying what they wanted us to say. We're like puppets with strings attached in our complex and they are the puppeteer that controls us and no one is against them 'cause nobody dares. Kaya walang pinag-iba ang salitang kulungan sa pinagdadaanan namin ngayon. We have our brains but we are not that physically strong enough to make a fight with the guards. There are a lot of guards roaming around, trying to make a hint of what we will going to do. Matatalino din ang mga bantay kaya mahirap lokohin.

Aside from that, the school's possible way out is all closed. Lahat pati yung secret exit ay natunton nila kaya ipinasara agad para wala kaming takas sa head. Cruel.

We are afraid to fight them back due to the threat they gave us. Wala namang tao ang di mahal ang pamilya, di ba?

"Fight and tell or die, but not you, your domicile"

The bell rang so I stood up and made my way to the school ground.

A lady professor is on the stage, holding a mic. At nagsimula na nyang ibuka ang bibig.

"Good morning SA students"

Her voice coated the ambiance. Everybody listened and so am I.

"Today is our 40th School's Foundation Day so everyone is required to participate the "Random on-the-spot quiz bee". No excuses and the event will start sooner. Go now. Look for your spot to review comfortably and get yourself fixed and be prepared. If you got all the correct answers, then you have the chance to call your parents but always remember the words we gave you. Understand?" the head said with full of authority in her voice.

We were dumbfounded as we heard the 'somehow' good news.

Is that true? Or they're just making us fool? Tsk. I guess, it isn't. Sinong niloloko nila?

This is the first time we heard something good like that. It's been 3 years that we are under the bad administrators of this school and we can't do nothing against them.

We have our own dorms here. That's why the school head, I don't know her name yet, used the dorms just to convince our parents not get back from our home. We stayed in here for almost fucking 3 years and this is so frustrating. When vacations or holidays arrive, they would tell our parents that they can't let us because we need to take classes during those days.

"Your daughter is not performing well in school. And the school head wants to take her on a summer class with her classmates"  prof called my mom from phone