SATURDATE

Right on time, Gab knocked on my door exactly as the clock struck 09:00. I got out in my navy blue slacks, brown leather loafers, tucked my pink button down linen shirt, donned a white cotton sweater, and hung a white canvas bag on my shoulder. Gab was dressed in khaki pants, plain white sneakers, and a navy blue shirt with white prints. It was a chilly day, above us were clouds forming but it didn't seem like it would rain in 12 hours.

We got to the mall and Gab suggested we take some time to enjoy ourselves a bit since it's still early in the day. We argued about what movie to watch. I was adamant not to watch horror films. Contrary to my bigger physique, I was quite the scaredy cat. Gab insisted as he read to me the great views he found online.

I struggled to sit with a drink in one hand and a large bucket of popcorn on my other arm. Gab, already positioned on his seat, offered to hold my drinks and the popcorn for me.

I ate my way through the popcorn while the trailers rolled. No amount of popcorn could ever make it to the end of the movie. You're always either halfway down the bucket when the movie starts or you've eaten everything entirely. Gab tried to grab some but I moved the bucket away from him.

"You forced me here. Suffer." I sentenced him to a movie with no popcorn. He deserved it.

The movie started and to my delight I was only a third of the way in my popcorn. Man, was this bucket huge. I tried my best to keep my emotions within but to no avail, I jerked and spilled almost another third of what's left of my popcorn on the floor. I anticipated the following jumpscare so I was able to cover my eyes with the empty bucket. I wasn't so lucky the following time though. We saw the demon standing behind the lead character. The camera stayed still as she turned around to inspect her six. When she made a full three sixty, the demon jumped in front of her.

"Son of a b--" I screamed to which was shushed by another moviegoer.

My fear took over and as the next jumpscare came, I grabbed Gab's arms. I immediately realised what I did and let go of his arms. I instead crossed mine to grab myself instead. The man chuckled and took my hand and repositioned it to where it was just second ago.

"That's alright. I'll be right here."

We sat like that for the rest of the movie. I would squeeze his arm whenever I was anticipating another scare or reacted to one.

The movie ended with the demon vanquished. The lead character lost some friends but the rest lived on.

We saw an arcade just across the cinema and I thought we should come back there after we've had our lunch.

Moving vigorously with a full stomach wouldn't be a good idea so we decided to play with the milder games like racing and shooting. Gab probably thought of impressing me with his strength so we walked up to a punching bag that scores your punching strength. With a single blow he broke the record. Admittedly, I was impressed but I'm a competitive fellow and I know I could do better. I positioned my feet properly, lunged at the bag and shifted my weight as my fist passed by my elbow to throw my entire weight at my clenched fist. The bells rang again in celebration as the record was broken yet again. Gab gave off an impressed smile and clapped. I bowed in gratitude for the applause.

"Time for groceries."

It was already past sixteen hundred hours. I pushed the cart and Gab led the way as he decided what went in the cart. I stood next to the freezer when an old woman in front of me opened the door adjacent to her. I was just observing her while she was looking for frozen peas, and I offered to help. She explained that she couldn't see properly because her glasses were due for replacement.