I

THE DAMNED

A curvaceous silhouette strode into the old rundown warehouse, their stiletto heels clicked as they ventured inside the abandoned building, their pace slow and steady. The entrance was long and narrow, almost as though the young woman was treading down a train track. The click-clack of her heels echoed through eerily quiet building, she found comfort in the disarrayed warehouse - the walls and marble floor were decorated with cracks, with weeds and grass growing through the vents, and the metal rusted. True, it was unstable and rattled as the wind blew, it still managed to console the young woman.

She tugged down her hood. Her honey brown glowed in the dimly lit room, freakishly radiating her own, moon-like, light. Many have fallen victim to it, enchanted by the unearthly beauty, in the form of the woman once known as Nicole Storm. Though the girl, Nicole had perished the night of her families murder, leaving behind the a soulless, vengeful woman dubbed as, The Cobra. A deadly and merciless assassin. Though she avoided painting her hands with the blood of innocents, and instead struck down the vermin of the world, much like a Grim Reaper would.

The building was empty, but a few rusted machinery remained, left by the former owner. Along with discarded papers littered the desk in the centre of the room, it wasn't much, but it was home. Glaring into the moulded walls, Cobra gritted her teeth at the thought of the failed mission. Once again her lead had been a dead end leaving her with no choice but to re-plan the hunt from scratch. Someone was fucking with her. She didn't know who, but she knew someone must have been playing a closer eye to her movements than she thought. Someone who without a doubt had a death wish. It had been the third time this week. Cobra had been searching for the fucker responsible for her families assassination for two years. She'd already killed the majority of their followers, those that had been present night, three months after she'd started her hunt. It's been 21 months since she last actively avenged her family, but for some reason she could never seem to get the location of the top 'dog'. She wanted them dead. She didn't care what she had to do as long as she finally killed the fucker that ruined her life. Though she knew why they did it. Power. Didn't it always lead to that at the end? Someone's thirst for power? A lesson that cost the Storm's family their lives.

People of today's world seemed to believe the world went to shit the day the soaring God, Superman fell from the sky, but unlike many people Cobra knew those claims were nothing but bullshit. Her life was fucked way before that over-worshipped alien god perished, no she was doomed the moment of her family's death. Left with a curse she was forced to control alone. She still remembered the night the Government ran her family into the streets, after hearing about the rumoured power they held, she bared witness as a power hungry man slaughtered her family bound and gagged, though she was "saved", the prick had left her alive due to what he called morals. "I ain't 'bout to kill a young child." No, instead he left her alone with her parents bodies with an unhinged look in his eyes. To this day she wished he'd just killed her too, he paid for that mistake with his life, and she took blood-thirsty pleasure in it.

****  ~ FLASHBACK ~ ****

A man sat bound to a wooden chair, the lines of his face etched one word, 'terror'. It brought his captors satisfaction. "What's the matter Paully? Aren't you happy to see me?" Purred his captor.

A look of  confusion crossed his face.

"What don't remember me?" They hissed, before stepping into the light to reveal Cobra.

"What do you want?" The man asked, sat frozen still. He knew that face, though aged, he could still see the little girl he ruined. 

Cobra gave a harsh grunt and the man distinctly caught her heart-shaped mouth curving upwards in displeasure. "You know what I want." She hissed. "I want what I've always wanted." Cobra gave him a cold look as he whimpered. What a pussy, she thought. As she held back the urge to roll her eyes.

"I've waited a long time for this."  She took a step closer towards him, and smirked as he shrunk into the chair. Her eyes blazed in the darkness, with unhinged fury.  "Why so scared? I thought you liked a little foreplay, you seemed to take great joy doing this to my mother."  Growling as she stroked his face with her gun. She didn't even blink as he started to plead.

"Please don't do this. Your mother wouldn't want..."

Cobra interrupted him him in a deadly whisper, her voice held warning; "Don't! My mother is dead. You and your lackeys made sure of that."

"Do you have kids, Paully?"

His brows wrinkled in confusion as he watched her. "No."

"Thank God for that little miracle." She laughed manically, before holding up her gun, her movements were fast, as she gracefully pulled the trigger, the bullet landing neatly between his eyes. "Now you never will."

**** ~ END OF FLASHBACK ~ ****

His name was, Paul Wain. God did he have an unsatisfying death, at first Cobra had been happy to rid the world of a man of no morals, his only love being money and power. But after killing him she'd felt nothing but rage, absolute adulterated rage. She should have made him suffer more. But then again he'd been her first kill, so she made up for it after hunting the others.

"Why do you insist on following me?" Cobra snapped.

Though the person watching her refused to step out of the dark corner of the room, she knew they were there.

"What the fuck do you want?" Silence. "Well!"

"To put you down." The voice was gruff, clearly male, Cobra deducted.

"Ummm. The story of my life." She snapped. "Come out!" More silence.

Then sharp whistle pierced through the air, a tranquilliser dart shot into her neck. Cobra's vision started to slightly bur, but she could still see, not that he knew that because out stepped Batman in his self-righteous glory. Tranquillisers never did anything but momentarily paralyse her, her senses were still left as sharp as ever, the primitive side of her enhanced, her body's defensive mechanise. But she stayed still, the last thing she need was to have these people find out anything about her. She needed to stay a step ahead. Cause after all no one really ever catches a snake.

And Cobra was ready for step four. Getting into Belle Reve Penitentiary.  

A/N: That's the first chapter guys. Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as I did writing this. I kind of want Cobra to have powers that link her to animals - not sure, let me know your thought's in the comments. So far I kind of feel inspired by the idea of her been an inhuman with an ability similar to that of Riddick (hopefully you guys know who I'm talking about).