nine.

IT WAS ANOTHER QUIET NIGHT IN THE STREETS OF GOTHAM. The rain drizzled down softly, tiny droplets splashing against the damp concrete. A mass of black sat atop of a gargoyle, far from light. His black cowl gently flying through the air as his white eye slits watched over the empty roads of Gotham.

The city was in total blackout, only the moon gently caressing small surfaces with its' lunar glow. 'Keep an eye watch,' The big bat said. 'Who knows if the Joker might be up to something,' He said. And Red Robin did exactly that, sitting on a building, his white eye slits traveling the empty road below him. A soft sigh left his slightly chapped lips as he felt the rain trickle down his face. "What do you want, Spoiler?"

A figure emerged from the shadows. Low and behold, Spoiler stood there under the soft moonlight that reflected her black and purple suit. She pulled on her hood, trying not to let the rain hit her. "Am I interrupting your brooding, Tim?" Spoiler joked, her voice slightly muffled by the mask that covered her mouth.

A soft chuckle left his lips. "Field names, Steph." Tim spoke softly, his solemn face breaking out into a small smile.

"Oh boohoo, you broke that rule too so who's in trouble now?" Steph scoffed. She trudged slowly and sat down beside Tim.

Tim erupted in soft laughter, his solemn look now gone and replaced by a graceful smile. "Aren't you supposed to be at your patrol route? Bats did say that we gotta stick to it considering the entire city is in blackout." Tim joked.

Steph rolled her eyes, nudging the boy. "Please, have you forgotten that our routes crash into each other? You've hurt my heart and normally burger joints make me happy" The girl scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Too bad." Tim spoke, earning a soft chuckle from the blonde.

"Whatever you say, Dr. Midnite ripoff."

Tim shook his head softly, a small smile gracing his features. A comfortable silence was shared between the two. The soft melancholy song played by the soft rain was the only thing that they heard.

"So," Steph started. Tim looked in her direction with a curious glint. "You seem, troubled." She spoke.

Tim looked at her, confusion washing over him. He raised a brow as he replied, "What do you mean troubled? I'm fine."

"I'm pretty sure this," Steph continued, her arms waving towards Tim. "Is not fine." She finished, raising a brow.

"I'm pretty sure this," Tim started, waving obnoxiously at himself. "Is fine." He countered, earning an eye roll. "Define troubled, Steph. Cause at this point we're all aware I do have problems."

"You got a point there." Steph joked, earning a small 'hey!' from the male as laughter erupted between the two. Her laughter slowly died down, her gaze now had a hint of concern. "Y'know, back at the cave. You seem, I don't know, caught up in something." Steph spoke, concern laced in her voice as she glanced at her friend.

A bitter look washed over his face as his lips tugged downward into a small frown. "What do you mean?" Tim asked bitterly, his gaze now fixated back at the streets as he watched the small droplets splash softly against the concrete.

"I don't know. You didn't seem like yourself..?" Steph spoke, though it sounded more to a question rather than a statement. Her shoulders hunched slightly, she fumbled nervously with her fingers.

"Uhuh." Tim hummed uncertainly. "I didn't see you when I left for patrol. You told us that you'd be a bit late, remember?" Tim huffed. Silence was the only thing heard as Steph tried to speak but only silence tumbled out from her mouth. Realization struck Tim as the ends of his lips tugged downwards. "You spoke with the others... didn't you?" Tim frowned.