Chapter One pt5: All over again

You sit on the couch and decide nows a good time to really take in your surroundings.

Looking around you notice theres an old tower of some sort. You then look up at the sky realizing for the first time in years how beautiful the world is without dead people trying to eat you constantly.

You stare up there for what feels like eternity before....

Clem: Hello? Hello Y/n you still in there?

Y/n: Ahh! Holy fucking shit! What the fuck?

Clem: What? (She says while laughing her ass off)

Y/n: You scared the shit out of me.

Clem: I came over to make sure you heard Louis, the foods done.

Y/n: Oh sorry I was kinda zoning out. Thanks for letting me know.

Clem: Its ok. You know I never really got the chance to thank you for helping us out when I crashed the car. You could easily have kept walking, but you didn't. Thanks.

You find yourself zoning out again too busy looking at her eyes to properly notice anything else

Her eyes were like an orangish gold. Beautiful. Almost made you forget everything wrong with the world. The way they seemingly glowed and reflected the setting sun was just... undescribable

Clem: Hello? Y/n your zoning out again.

Y/n: Oh shit my bad. Uh so what were you saying?

Clem: I was thanking you.

Y/n: Oh... I... uh... theres no reason to thank me. I was just fixing what I messed up to begin with.

There was an awkward silence for about ten seconds before Clementine decides to break it with a question

Clem: So what were you staring at anyway?

Y/n: Umm...

Brain: (Shit hurry up and come up with a believable lie)

Y/n: The sunset? It uhh looks really nice this time of day. Yeah that's what it was.

Clem: Okay then...

Louis: Are you guys coming or what?

Louis yells across the courtyard

Y/n: Yeah we'll be right there.

Everyone sits down at the picnic tables and Louis walks over with the food

He places each bowl in front of each person

Louis: Ladies and gentlemen, dinner is served.

Clem: Thanks. Wow can't remember the last time we had a hot meal. Mmm, this is really good.

Y/n: Yeah. Thanks. Its very kind of you guys to give food to three people who just got here.

AJ is practically chugging his soup making Ruby uncomfortable then Louis burps making it worse.

Ruby: Ugh, come on!