« 21 »

°•Night Out•°

Aizawa had come back late at night, claiming that he went for coffee with Hizashi, and the two hadn't really said much since then

Aizawa had come back late at night, claiming that he went for coffee with Hizashi, and the two hadn't really said much since then. There was another sleepless night for Yasu and she wasn't sure if she was imagining things at this point.

The two were sat in the lobby of the hospital after getting both their casts and bandages removed, silently waiting for Nemuri to come by and pick them up. Of course, the blond was booked to the brim with shows and hero work— he really needed to take a break.

At the moment, Yasu couldn't even muster up the energy to use her quirk, and was left feeling like utter shit. Her quirk transformed the energy from her body into the blue wisps she could control, which is why she was constantly wearing layers of clothing. She had tried drawing from sound energy, such as a scream, and calories, but those were never as effective as kinetic and heat. There was just more energy to play with if she relied on heat and kinetic energy.

Still, completely drained as she was, the woman couldn't help but admire the face that she'd been barred from seeing for so long. The black tendrils that threatened to strangle her momentarily distracted her from the man beside her, and the screams that rang in her ear prevented her from hearing what he said, but the hand he laid on her shoulder definitely got her attention.

"What?" She didn't mean to sound upset, even if she was, but with her current predicament the tone of her voice was the last thing she cared for.

He was a bit taken aback, not expecting her to be so hostile. Was she mad at him because he wanted to be with her yesterday? Even so there was no need to be so aggressive. "Nemuri is here. There's no need to be so rude." He huffed, turning on his heel and heading towards the car that was waiting for them. Anger lead to irrationality, yet he couldn't stop the twinge of anger that pierced his heart at her harsh words. Maybe trying to win her over wasn't a good idea.

'When did I decide I wanted to win her over...?'

He shook the thought from his head, ignoring the uneven footsteps that now followed behind him.

Yasu tried catching up, but the black figured she saw on the floor were an obstacle. She knew in the back of her mind they weren't real, but her senses were saying otherwise, and the fear the gripped her was almost chilling. She had to get out of there.

The R-rated hero watched her friends leave the hospital, one with a frown, and the other with a grimace. What had happened? They were both secretly drama queens so she would probably find out later when it all came to a boil. Besides, surely they wouldn't cancel on their night out so late.

Nemuri's friends slid into the backseat of her car and the hostility was almost tangible. It was probably the sexual tension.