Chapter Twenty-seven: East

Diana's POV

I am about to lose my shit with Karissa here. Luca and I stood in the backyard watching the thousands of pack warriors between five different packs. They all stood in formation preparing for whatever was going to happen next. Karissa has tried to take control multiple times and each time I had to stop her from getting us into more trouble.

James and Lena ordered them to quiet down as Luca waited impatiently to leave. After about ten minutes, they all became quiet turning their attention to Luca and me. As soon as those thousands of men and women saw me, like a wave they bowed down on their knees with respect.

Luca grunted in approval of their actions.

"WELCOME TO THE WOODS PACK!" Luca started, he clutched my hand into his, "TODAY IS A DAY WE HONOR THE FALLEN, THE DAY WE TAKE BACK OUR LAND!"

It was so quiet and I became slightly nervous recognizing all the werewolves in front of us. My palm was becoming sweaty making an obvious indicator I was worried about the events that were going to happen in just a couple of hours.

"I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR SACRIFICE TO MAKE SURE NO MORE OF OUR KIND ARE TAKEN AWAY FROM US, WHETHER THEY BELONG TO A PACK OR CHOOSE TO RUN FREE!" He continued.

"LET US FIGHT FOR ONE ANOTHER, FOR YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS NEXT TO YOU, FOR YOUR FAMILIES, FOR YOUR MATES!" I exclaimed.

Luca snapped his head to me grinning when he heard me.

"That's my girl." He whispered before whistling to James and Lena letting them know it was time to go.

The crowd of warriors stood and emerged into the woods following the Alphas heading east passed Kings Lake prepared for whatever was going to come their way. James and Lena weaved themselves into formations and Karissa was last to go. Luca stayed next to me the entire time as we waited until every single warrior and member disappeared into the woods before we were able too.

My feet dug into the soft ground making the leaves crunch violently while my heart was racing. My stomach was churning trying to tell me something bad was going to happen. Instead of fixing the problem, I shook it off-putting on a brave face.

"Honey, why don't you go upfront to lead them up there? I will stay back here." I suggested.

Luca frowned tilting his head in uncertainty hoping that I would change my answer. There was nothing wrong with Luca being back here, but something was telling me to make sure he made it to the front before we made it further.

I pecked his lips nudging my head towards the front letting him know that it was okay.

"I'll call out if something happens. I love you,"

He grumbled allowing me to sense that he was upset that I didn't want him to stay here.

"Why don't you come to the front with me?" He tried to compromise.

I shook my head pointing to the front with my eyebrow raised. He sighed dramatically walking away slowly working his way to the front. I giggled when I saw how tall he was compared to many of the warriors as he tried his best to avoid shoving them on accident.

"What's wrong? Did he make you mad or something?" Karissa slowed down her walking so we were in step. I ignored her trying my best to not punch her in the face, trust me it was one of the hardest things ever.

I appreciated her fake concern knowing she was just trying to make sure I didn't do anything stupid which could possibly ruin everything. She just got on my nerves.

"Nothing." I just kept it to a one-word response.

"Can you maybe not hate me for two seconds?" Karissa scoffed.