The Beginning Of The End Part 2

It's been two weeks since I found out about the cancer, and I haven't really come to terms with it.  I thought I had my whole life ahead of me, but I guess a year is my whole life. I made the varsity field hockey team, so that's good! I'm just trying to distract myself from the devastating truth. I told Alicia about it and she's actually been staying at my house, which makes me feel a lot better. But today is the day, the day I tell Chris.

"Kara, you have to do it, you can't leave him in the dark," Alicia says.

"Honey she's right," My mom agrees.

"I know guys! I'm just struggling to decide how to tell him," I say.

"You have to make that decision by your self," Corey, my moms boyfriend adds. I get into my car and drive to his house after dinner. When I get there he invites me inside and I ask to talk to him in private. We go into his bedroom and close the door.

"Hey babe is everything ok?" he asks, I can see the fear in his eyes. I break down and start crying, I can't control it.

"The cancer is back, and its fatal. I only have a year left," I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders for telling him but I don't feel any better. I see the tears in his eyes and he just wraps me in a hug.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too", We had never said it before, but I knew the time was right. I push away from the hug and kiss him. He doesn't hold back, and we kiss with passion. It's the first time I felt alive since the diagnosis and it feels really good. I never want the embrace to end; he pulls me in closer. He then pulls away and asks if I want to stay the night; I agree. We spend the night watching movies and talking. I fall asleep in his arms.

"Good morning beautiful," Chris says after I wake up. He is getting out of shower, he must've woken up before me. I get out of bed and kiss him on the cheek. He notices that i'm wearing his shirt and smiles. "I love you so much, no matter what," Chris is really the nicest person I have never known, I can't leave him. "I have an idea, we should make a bucket list of fun stuff to do together!" he says, he really knows how to make me smile. That's my mission for the day, make a list.