✧One✧

~~~

"I don't understand why you can't be home today," James said over the phone.

You sighed, "I know, but my cousin invited me to her party, and I feel like I never see her anymore. We used to be great friends when we were little."

"You're forgetting one thing, you're second cousins. You really want to spend the night with your second cousin, when you could spend it with your boyfriend?" He asked, on the verge of angry.

"Look, after tod-" Your foot caught on something, sending you to the ground. Pain spread on your hands, your phone clattering to the ground, and your knees sharply scraped on the ground, "Ow!"

"Hey, mate, watch where you're going! You tripped over my dog! Tessa, you alright dear?" The boy said, worried about his dog! When his dog tripped you!

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine," you muttered.

"I wasn't asking you. You could have hurt Tessa," he spat out.

You glared at him. If you weren't mad at him, he would have been cute. With wavy, chocolate hair, and melted chocolate eyes. You didn't get a good look at him before remembering your stinging hands, they were bright red, and beginning to dot up with blood. "I'm sorry, that your dog can't understand when a person is walking. Now if you excuse me, I have a life to live away from you. Have a good day, sir, you and your bitch."

You grab your phone, putting it back to your ear, "Sorry, there was this dick and his dog. But after tonight, I'll spend two nights with you. I promise."

~~~

"Letitia!" You screeched, running into her arms. Your aunt, who was her grandmother, was adopted. Growing up, it was nice to have at least one cousin near your age. "I've missed you!"

"Oh, my god! I've missed you, too!" Letitia squeezed you tight. "Are you ready for the get-together?"

"I thought you said it was going to be a party?" You started to get slightly panicked. The only reason why you agreed to come is because it was going to be a big party so you didn't want to worry about meeting your idols and the people you've adored since you were a little kid.

"Y/N, don't worry, I'll stay by your side. Plus, they are all super nice," Letitia assured you.

You sigh, then broke into a smile while rolling your eyes. "Fine, I'll still go."

"Yay!" Letitia cheered, "Now, I'm going to make Mac n' Cheese, you want some?"

"Yes please." You fell onto the bed of the guest room in Letitia's apartment, after Letitia left to make the dinner of a broke college student. But you had no idea why she was making it, she was a Marvel actress. Nonetheless, you started welcoming and reliving the memories of the day. "Dang, that guy was a douche."

"What guy?" She asked, apparently in your room all of a sudden.

"Oh my-" you screamed but were cut off when Letitia laughed. "You're like a ninja, what the hell?"

She slipped into her 'Shuri' accent, "What are you talking about?"

You rolled your eyes. "Real mature. But there was some guy downtown. He was walking his dog, and the dog tripped me. He blamed me for hurting his dog when I'm the one who got hurt."

"Hmh." She laid down next to you. "He does sound like a douche."

570 words

5/26/20

Sorry it's short. Buuuut it'll get better!!

Pieces Angels.