✧Three✧

~~~

" The truth." Tom scoffed.

" That is the truth!" You glared at Tom.

" No, you just walked over my dog, tripping yourself." Tom said.

" Oh, yeah, because I wanted to trip myself and shatter my phone?" You asked, rolling your eyes.

" No, you just wanted to hurt my dog."

" Y/N would never do that, I'm sure this is a misunderstanding." Letitia said, stepping between us. Now that you think about it, maybe you weren't paying enough attention and did trip over Tessa, not the dog tripping you.

A buzz from your phone drew your attention away from Tom. Looking at the shattered screen, you felt the color drain from your face, but you tried to hide it." I have to go."

" Wait, Y/N!" Letitia followed you out the door, " Where are you going? I thought you were spending the night?"

" Plans have changed, sorry, Letitia but I have to go." You pulled away from her arm that you once felt so safe in, " Go back in, I'll be okay. Go have fun."

Hailing a taxi, you watch as Letitia looks back then goes inside with a sigh, while talking sadly to Pratt. You felt bad and conflicted. Maybe you did trip the dog, maybe the dog tripped you. You couldn't decide anymore, not with the knot in your stomach, tightening more and more as you got back to your apartment. You didn't want to leave the party, you didn't want to back down. You didn't want to leave Letitia, but you were too scared to leave James.

~~~

" Why are you being so sad." James said as he took a bite of his food. It obviously wasn't his favorite and you were probably going to pay for that later.

" It's nothing." You lie, not wanting to get him angry.

" Y/N, look at me. You know I love you. So nothing you tell me would upset me." He put his hand on yours, while you tried to hide your flinch he was rubbing your hand.

" There was someone at Letitia's party. He said I tripped his dog, I say his dogs tripped me and now I don't know. Maybe I did trip his dog."

" Why do you care? And who is this guy, anyway? Do you talk to him? Are you cheating on me." James stood up, pacing back and forth.

" No, I would never. I've never talked to him before yesterday and even then we've only yelled at each other. I swear, James, I would never." You sprang up, running to his side, pulling his hand in yours, " I love you."

James sighed and then turned around, kissing the top of your head, " Alright." Then he gripped your arm tightly, " But don't ever talk to him again."

You swallowed hard. But you nodded, this was for the best.

" Good, now go clean up. I've got some friends coming over."

The small moment of love was gone. James did love you. He just had a certain way of expressing it. After you cleaned up dinner, did the dishes and did little things to make the apartment look nice enough for company, Letitia called you. Pulling your phone out of your pocket, you saw you had a dozen missed text and two miss calls. Muting the call you put the phone back in your pocket and went to the back room to stay away from James's friends.

~~~

I watched as the color drained from Y/N's face. Something was in her eyes: fear. Her eyes grew wide, and her hand subconsciously went to a place on her arm she gingerly touched, as if she was afraid to hurt herself. " I have to go."

Letitia ran off with Y/N yelling at her over the music. Chris looked at me weirdly, " That was a jerk move. I don't know that happened but I'm pretty sure it was an accident on both ends."

Chris walked off, in the same direction as Letitia. Rolling my eyes at the young women I turned towards Haz, " Why do people have to be so mean?"

Haz looked at me strangely, " I don't know, why do people have to be so mean?"

" You think I was mean, mate?" I asked, slightly offended and slightly shocked about how stupid my best mate was.

" I think you both were a little mean but you definitely were more mean." Haz shrugged.

I slightly glared at him, not knowing to give into the feeling eating at my stomach or just put it away like I've done with the news. I rolled my eyes, putting on a smile and clapping Haz on the back, " Come on, I'm sure she's quite fine."

" Whatever, mate, I'm going to get another drink. I'll catch up with you in a bit." Haz said, the brushed off my hand and went in the direction of Letitia, who was, in fact, no where near the bar.

Maybe Tess did trip Y/N?

I shook my head, no. I remember, Y/N was not paying attention, I called out to her and she kept on walking. That's what happened. And nothing else.

Right?

~~~

After you locked yourself away in the back room, you took a chance to read the messages and go through the voicemails. Most were from Letitia asking if I was okay, and when we could hang out next and asking why I ran out. Two were from an unknown number.

——

Hey, I was just wondering if you were okay. Tom doesn't usually act like that.

This is Haz btw

Hey, Haz. Who are you lol

Sorry I just don't remember meeting a Haz

——

You was about to send something explaining how you met a Harrison when the door burst open. James stumbled in, slightly drunk and slightly mad. " Go cle-Who are you talking to?"

You shot up, " N-no one, just a friend."

" Not that guy?" He towered over you, then yanked your phone from your hand. You could see his eyebrows burry together at his brow line his eyes floated up to you. You felt his hand hit your face.

You weren't looking at him anymore, you were looking at the wall to the left. James dropped your phone to the ground, " I don't want you taking to any guys. Now go clean up, now."

~~~

1049 words

7/29/20

Hey y'all, so we have a very good plot with us, hopefully y'all stay around for it and sorry they are short but with me and Rin's schedule it's kinda hard to find time to write, so forgive us and keep reading!

Also, is anyone else excited for season two of umbrella academy to come out?

Pieces Angels and stay safe