10

It felt like a thousand years.

The silence was unbearable and Seungyoun knew the clicking sound of the clock echoed in their heads.

He wondered how long they had been waiting. Jungeun sat on one of the couches, nervously playing with the hem of her jacket. The black haired male couldn't even imagine what pressure she felt right now, her own brother in there.

Noona must be even more stressed out than they were.

As of it wasn't as bad earlier, the rest of the group sat hunched together, looking shrunken and tired as they waited. The sounds of Hyeongjun's continuing sniffing and the low noises of some game Dohyon was playing didn't help the anxiety they felt.

Was Junho dying? Was he going to be alright?

What even was his condition? How could it happen behind their backs?

Seungyoun knew better than blame it all on himself but he really couldn't help it. They had noticed something was wrong but only now he realized how late they did. He realized that Junho was far too broken.

Why didn't they do anything? Why didn't he do anything?

Junho weren't alright and they didn't even assume it was this bad. They were foolish, all of them. He wished Junho could've trusted them enough to reach out.

But trust had nothing to do with this. He could understand why the brunette never said anything. But how he wished Junho had done.

As the door to the doctor's office clicked open, he flew out of his seat together with Seungwoo and Jungeun.

"Is he alright?!? Doctor-nim, my brother-" Her face expression mirrored his as he felt a lump form in his throat, nervously biting his lip. The others had frozen, all of them staring at the doctor.

"I'll ask you first to calm down, miss Cha. This is a hospital." Jungeun mumbled an apology as he shrunk back a little in the sofa, looking expectedly up. A small glint of hope shown in her eyes, as if it would comfort her from the fear and worry.

"He's stabil..for now." Yohan opened his mouth but immediately shut it when he saw the doctor's tight expression.

"Are all of you his family?" Seungwoo shook his head.

"We are just his friends but we were there when he had the attack. Please inform us too, we are very worried for Junho-ah." The doctor, ms Min ( he read the tag on her shirt but he really needed to see Junho, ok? )

The woman hesitated for a moment before sighing and nodding. "I'm your brother's and friend's doctor, please call me Dr Min."

She smiled softly, gesturing them to follow her into her office. Seungyoun felt relief wash over him, together with a gnawing feeling of displeasure. Her face told him that something was wrong.

Once they were all seated inside her office, Dr Min dragged some out files and turned to face them. "I can first inform you that Cha Junho is stable and asleep. He'll be alright.."

He was sure he let out the breath he was holding, Wooseok's face even lightened you slightly. The stray of hope made them get more color on their sleep again and they looked expectedly on Dr Min. "...at least for now."