A Boy Gets More than He Asked For

Me: hello! This is the prequel to the first book and it will focus primarily on their human lives!
—————————————————————————

(Y/n) is a young man living in Atlanta, GA. The year is 1920, coincidentally, his age: twenty. He lived in a two story home close to town square. His father became rich as a pharmacist, selling coca cola. His mother, an abusive cocaine addict, got addicted by his father.

She was the prettiest young thing of the city and (Y/n)'s father had figured out that the only way to keep her is to get her addicted to the substance he could provide in bulk. His father was at least kind to his family and treated them well, despite this hiccup. His mother was bad off of the drugs and worse on. She constantly put both males down, physically hit (Y/n) on a number of occasions, and had once poisoned him.

(Y/n)'s only aspiration was to get away and paint. He wanted to play music in the local clubs and never have to worry about his parents again. So, he worked hard to achieve this goal. He took all the available classes and his father paid for private lessons. He finally had a portfolio he was proud of. He sent copies of it to multiple galleries. The only one to respond was the New Orleans gallery. He didn't care, he was simply excited fo go for an interview.

The young man is packing his bags. He has (e/c) eyes and (h/c) that compliments his gleeful smile. He haphazardly throws on his favorite clothes and accessories. He just barely gets his suitcase shut, grunting as he puts all his weight on the lid. The man drags his bag down the stairs of the home and sees his father. His father greets him with a smile.

"My boy! I'm glad you're making your way in the world. Off ya go." He says and claps him on the back.

(Y/n)'s smile twitches and he furrows his eyebrows. "Of course, Father."

His mother stumbles in and gives a fake smile. Her pupils are blown wide and pure black. Her appearance is lackluster. The only thing remotely classy about the woman was her clothes are the finest for a woman of her status.

"Do write, dear! Come visit. You must promise to before you leave, boo bear." She says.

(Y/n) looks away, "I promise, mother."

She smiles an overly happy smile and kisses his forehead. (Y/n) tenses under the touch and steps away. With that (Y/n) takes a train to New Orleans. He beams the whole way there. He was only 20 and he got a painting into the gallery of impressionists in New Orleans. Nawlins, the natives called it. When he got to the local hotel and it was charming! A large estate with a beautiful grey house right next to a river. (Y/n) checks in and the insides were even better.

Once he was settled in, had a peaceful nights sleep, and ate breakfast the next day he readied himself for his meeting at the museum. He got in his best grey suit with a blue tie and matching fedora. (Cause fedoras are cool xD) He grabbed his piece and placed it in his leather portfolio. He smiled and caught the trolly to the gallery. He went in and walked up to the receptionist.

"Well, hello! My name's (Y/n) (L/n) and I have an appointment with the curator." He says.

The woman looks up to him and nods with a wide smile, "Ah! Been 'xpecting you, sugah! Down that hallway to the left!"

(Y/n) nods, "Much obliged!"

He makes his way with his piece and knocks on the door. After a moment a small click sounds and the door opens to reveal a tall, thin man with brown hair and blue eyes.

He smiles to the male, "Mister (L/n)? I presume."

(Y/n) grins, "This is he!"

The man smiles, "Great to meetcha! I'm Bob Singer!"