Slow Dance Into a New Year

Me: hello! I think ya'll with appreciate this one! Sweet and sappy. Again.
—————————————————————————
Alastor was helping the radio station organize a new years party. Every year the station had a masquerade ball at city hall, everyone allowed. Alastor was putting up decorations while his boss was trying to execute everything. Dave, the scheduling manager, had set up a band to play and gotten catering. The new receptionist was taking her sweet time with the posters. His coworker, Greg was manning the station. Everything was almost set up for tomorrow.

Alastor had invited everyone in his inner circle. He made sure each had a written invitation: Mimzy, Husker, Niffty, Mama Amelie, and (Y/n). Each had costumes that they had designed. Husker complained about being dragged along.

The next day that night, the music blasted loudly. Niffty and Husk arrived first of the friend group. People gathered from all over to the ball. Husker was dressed like a vampire. Niffty came as a ladybug in a cute flapper like dress. Mimzy arrived with the rest of the crowd as a typical princess. Then the trio showed up all together and fashionably late. Mama Amelie was little bo peep. Alastor came wearing a brown suit with black branching antlers. (Y/n) came as a Pharaoh from Egypt.

Alastor laughs and says to his mother, "Well now, Enjoy the party!"

Amelie nods, "I'll go claim a table for us."

Amelie walks off. Mimzy runs up with a trail of fans following her. The girls crowd around Alastor. (Y/n) backs up and allows the girls their chance to oggle. Alastor handles it well.

"Mimzy, my sweet flapper girl! Good to see you! And what a lovely entourage you've brought." He says.

Mimzy giggles, "Well of course, Al sweetie!"

Alastor looks over the crowd to point to (Y/n). "You remember (Y/n)! Yes?"

Mimzy gave a taught smile, "Quite."

(Y/n) gave a small wave. Alastor turns back to the group of girls. Mimzy easily capturing Alastor's attention. (Y/n) decided to grab some punch and sat beside Mama Amelie. She gives him a knowing smile.

The girls around Alastor slowly grow in number when they discover it's Alastor. "Is that HIM?"

"He's so tall!"

"That voice!"

"Do you think he's taken?"

Alastor made sure to dance with each one. Alastor started to get sick of it. Husk was by the food, simply drowning in booze and hors d'oeuvres. Niffty sat by Mama Amelie.

"Hello. You must be the infamous Niffty!" (Y/n) says.

Niffty nods excitedly, "This is she! I'm Alastor's step sister."

(Y/n) raises an eyebrow, "Wonderful meeting you. I've heard quite a bit of you and now I know how you fit into this family."

Niffty tilted her head, "They didn't tell you?"

Mama Amelie says, "We haven' founda quiet moment ta tell him proper."

Niffty does a small curtsie in her skirt, "Well how do you do, I guess."

(Y/n) chuckles, "Don't worry about it! You can tell me all about yaself if you want."

Niffty's eyes lit up and started talking, "Well, I'm eighteen! I was with someone until recently. I'm a great seamstress and want to get an apprenticeship at the tailors in town. I lived in Shreveport until three years ago when I moved here with my mom because she found out about, well you know. Especially since they never divorced! Oh my gosh it was just embarrassing for mother! She's actually here tonight to support Alastor!"