Chapter 1, The Ark

Clarke awoke with another searing headache, as she has for nearly two years now. sighing, she got up and started getting ready for the day, which included changing clothes and checking in with her mom. when she made her way outside her room the chancellor was talking to her father about what she could only assume was another issue with The Arks Life support system.

"We can't keep this a secret forever Jaha soon or later people will start to realize what's happening."

"id rather it be later than sooner the last thing we need is a riot on our hands keep this a secret, jake for the sake of your family." 

with that Jaha left Jake and Clarke alone and made his way to his office. the air was tense and awkward for a few moments before her father finally looked towards her and acknowledged her presence.

"how much of that did you hear?"

"not much only that people will find out whatever it is soon or later," she said evenly, not really paying much attention to his concern. she knew the engineers would fix whatever the problem was like they always had, but for some reason, she felt different today, like something bad is happening and no one knows how to fix it.

"is whatever it is bad?" Clarke asked her father in a slightly bored tone, just wanting to get to medical to continue her training in medicine.

"Wish I could say no but it is. go continue your work in medical ill fill you and you mom in later."

"ok see ya later dad" she was out the door before he could respond, leaving him to softly chuckle to himself at how similar she is to him yet so different at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical was slower than normal today with only a few patients with minor injuries from mecha station. Clarke was mostly just watching her mother work with other doctors and learning what to and not to do in certain situations regarding basic medical knowledge. since it was slow today Clarke decided it was a good time to talk about her dreams with her mom, even though she still thought it'd do no good for her.

"Hey, Clarke what do you need?" Jackson asked from his station as she walked towards the patient's wing in search of her mother.

"I'm looking for my mom is she in here?"

"yeah room 4 she should just be checking someone out of the room."

"Alright thanks, Jackson," she called out behind her as she made her way to room 4. when she arrived she saw her mom dismissing a mechanic with a neckless of a raven hanging from her neck nice she thought. before she could say anything her mom turned to her a little surprised her daughter was here, figuring she would be with Jackson taking notes.

"Hey Clarke what's up?" 

"hey, mom you got a minute?"

"sure sweetie, your good to go raven but take it easy for a few days." with that the mechanic leaves, and its just Clarke and Abby in the room. "alright what do you need?" 

"it's about my dream it's starting to get clearer and more realistic, almost like I'm living it and the headaches are getting more intense as well." she explained the dream in detail to her mother and how long it usually lasts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello clarke" a voice spoke as clarke slowly opened her eyes, only to realise she was no longer on the ark, but in a forest,  something she had read about in books about earth. she looked up to see a woman in what looked to be some type of armor with a red sash flowing behind her.