Chapter 5: Realizations

He drew little circles over the page absentmindedly with his fingernail, his thoughts flying to what happened last night.

What was happening with Malfoy? Why is his fear of me visibly written on his face? Not that I don't know that he was very slightly intimidated of me but why is he not discreet?

"Harry," Hermione snapped her fingers in front of the green-eyed daydreaming boy. "Concentrate. What's got your thoughts flying?"

Harry blinked and waved it off, forcing a dry chuckle. "Nah, don't worry about it. I'm just kinda sleep-deprived. Now where were we?"

Harry tossed and turned in bed, something undoubtedly bothering his mind.

And no, it wasn't the red marks on his chest that somehow seemed to multiply every second. Harry actually thought them...kind of pretty?

Anyways, that was not on his mind as he listened to Ron's snores, a warm weight shifting underneath the thick, comfg blanket.

It was Malfoy.

His sunken eyes and pale skin were probably forever etched into the corners of Harry's mind, making him shift again uncomfortably.

Maybe, just maybe, he's in the prefect's bathroom right now.

Harry considered.

Am I going?

No.

No.

Such a bad idea.

Harry didn't want to go near Malfoy again. He had these strange...urges whenever he got close to Malfoy. Hate, maybe? The urge to punch him in his face and make his nose bleed?

No, something inside Harry muttered. It's not a need to hurt him.

It was a need for something else.

No, not.... whatever you're thinking about, although there's a very small dark part inside him did want whatever the heck you all are thinking about.

No, the need to talk to Malfoy and find out what the heck was happening with him was far too stronger than that.

Wait...since when did Harry could possibly care for a git like Malfoy??

However, he didn't want to answer the question as he slipped out of bed and grabbed his invisibility cloak.

I need to take my chances.

Harry pushed open the door of the bathroom and was both relieved and scared to see Malfoy just chilling in the tub again like he was last night but this time the water had no bubbles; he had his arms crossed over his pale white chest that was rising up and down slowly with his breathing and his grey eyes staring straight ahead.

Like he was expecting someone to arrive, which unsettled Harry a bit.

But he quickly shook the icky feeling off, and focused on Malfoy yet again.

He seems so peaceful in this state. Goddamn. And also kinda handsome too.

Harry slapped himself on his forehead, but made sure that it made no sound. What's happening to me? Why am I so concerned about Draco Malfoy, that git??

Harry slipped inside the bathroom, careful to not make any noise as he approached the tub, making sure his invisibility cloak was draped over his head and covered his whole body so as to not alert Malfoy of his presence.

Harry bit his bottom lip and chewed on it anxiously as he took one more step closer to the tub, tiptoeing all the way. He winced as his bare feet splashed on a puddle, making a small noise.