Cedric Diggory x OC - "What did I do to deserve you?"

Ravenclaw OC this time, her name is Rebecca Cassidy. Here's a tip: don't assume the worst, keep reading and I promise it gets better.

Quill poised in an ink stained hand. Tired eyes from straining in the flickering light at three in the morning. An aching heart, a build up of intense emotions that in her words, and her words only she could set free.

This is what she wrote:
Dear Cedric,
If I had told you how I felt at the time, what would you have said? I imagine you would have let me down gently because that's the sort of person you were. So kind, so loyal, so...Hufflepuff.

Since you've been gone I've had so much time on my hands, with nothing to fill it up with. I suppose that's why I'm writing this letter; I've been thinking about a lot of things. You, mostly.

I can spend all this time wondering, imagining what might've been if you had picked me. If I was the one you wanted. I'd have danced with you and been kissed by you. I just wish you knew. Sometimes I think maybe you did, on some level. Other times I think you hardly noticed me at all, except for on the 3rd of October when you asked me what day it was.

You probably saw me, as the rest of Hogwarts sees me. The Ravenclaw girl with auburn hair, who wore floaty scarves and so many bangles she could barely move her arms. The quirky one in Cho's clique. Cho Chang. The girl you chose. She's my friend, so I should be happy for her...but I'm not. I would be if it was anyone else, anyone at all. However, it wasn't.

It just had to be you, didn't it? She couldn't have picked Harry Potter back then, could she? No. She's picked him now though, did you know that? Yeah, they snogged and went on a date to the same place you used to take her. It didn't work out. The memory of you was still too fresh for her to move on.

I hope that, wherever you are now, you're happy. I say that because, while you were here, you had to be perfect all the time. At least now you can relax because you're free.

I just need you to know that I loved you while you were here, and I will keep on loving you until I find someone who's as perfect as you were to take your place in my heart. Just know that I loved you and that if you had needed me, I would have been there for you.

All my love,
Becca

She put her head in her hands for a moment, just to let the soggy dregs of grief seep out, then got up and into bed. Rebecca Cassidy fell into a deep sleep as soon as her head hit the tear-stained pillow.

*Back in time skip brought to you by a DeLorean, some Plutonium and 1.21 gigawatts of electricity*

"You're drunk!" Squealed Cho, as her giggling friend knocked back her sixth glass of Firewhiskey.
"Am I?" Asked Becca loudly. She wobbled tipsily and Marietta grabbed her arms to steady her. 
"Yes!" Said her friends, and they all collapsed into a fit of alcohol-induced giggles.
"I think you all are." Observed Cedric, leaning against the mantlepiece. The Ravenclaw seventh years were holding a party for him in their common room, and their friends from other houses had been invited. The third task was the next day, and this was their way of giving him a good send off. Getting absolutely shitfaced. The trio of drunk girls widened their eyes at the sight of him. Cho giggled flirtatiously, Marietta played with her hair and Becca slipped away to get a drink.
"Hey," said Lee Jordan, bottle of Butterbeer in hand "How is my favourite Ravenclaw this fine evening?"
"I'm terribubble.." that wasn't right, she felt sure it was something else. She tried again. "Trerible, no," she slurred.
"Terrible?" Suggested Lee.
"That's the one." She said, pointing at him.

Suddenly, Cho's voice was reverberating around the room.
"What do you mean 'there's someone else'?" She shouted. Cho (as the girls had discovered one fateful trip to The Three Broomsticks involving a clumsy waitress who had upended the seventh round of Firewhiskey on her best white dress) was an angry drunk.
"Yes! I mean no!" He said quickly, but it was too late. The resounding thwack and the crunch of broken nose echoed into Becca's alcohol-clouded mind. As Cho stormed past to get to the dorms, fist still clenched and splattered with blood, Rebecca decided to check on the boy in dire need of episkey-ing.