I was a heavy heart to carry, my beloved was weighed down

I was late.

On the third day I figured it was just because of all the excitement within the last weeks.

On the eighth I thought that it was stress.

On the seventeenth I was worried that I was pregnant.

"Are you okay?" Alex whispered in my ear.

I nodded. The camera flashes were bright enough to make me squint. As we walked the red carpet, I heard our names over and over. Alex put his arms around me and Keith's shoulders, Charlie laid down on the carpet, holding his chin with his hands, posing like a model. Photographers laughed and captured the moment. To me, there was nothing to laugh.

Have we been careful? No, we haven't. Not that time. Too drunk to be careful. But that didn't mean Matty's demoniac semen got me pregnant, right? Maybe I was so worried of being late, that my period couldn't help but arrive later. Was Matty worried? He wasn't. He didn't know I hadn't had my period yet, but when we woke up in the morning, the day after, he didn't say a word about it, and he knew we didn't use protection. On the contrary, he looked so happy and relaxed. If he wasn't worried, then I shouldn't be worried. Right?

Alex distracted me from my stream of consciousness again. "You don't seem it"

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Okay"

"I am" I smiled to the cameras, avoiding his eyes.

Before he could reply, our attention was captured by an interviewer, microphone in hand, making his way to us.

"Afterdream, are you exited to attend the NME Awards this year?"

"Always exited" Keith responded.

"You're working on your second album, right? What can we expect?"

"Yeah, we've been working on it for months now, it's almost finished" Alex spoke to the microphone. "I bet you it's dope. It will be a more conscious record but, as the first one, it's gonna be quite violent"

Alex looked at me as I was nodding at his words.

"Yes, it's gonna be a bit more up-tempo, a bit more in-your-face. Less apologetic than the first one" I said. "We've got our - "

"Arianna, what about Matty Healy?"

As I heard his name, I felt my stomach flipping inside of me.

"You're dating him - it's official now, right?"

I frowned. "Official?"

"Yeah, after months of rumours he just confirmed you're his girlfriend. How are things going between you two?"

I looked at the interviewer, trying to contain my annoyance. "I don't want to talk about it" I said uncomfortably.

"Did Matty dump his girlfriend for you or were you two seeing each other long before?"

I glanced at my friends as I grew angry and frustrated.

Charlie put his arm around my shoulders. "Okay, bye" he smirked at the interviewer, as we headed to the doors of the venue.

Once inside I scanned the crowd, searching for Matty.

Matty looking dashing in a suit, Matty smirking and touching his soft curls, Matty being everything that drove me crazy about him - now irritated me. He was talking, probably talking shit, to Taylor Swift. He saw me, he smiled, he stroked Taylor's back to greet her as she left.

I felt a cramp in my lower abdomen, hoping maybe I was about to get my period, finally.

"Fuck me" he groaned, his eyes on my deep neckline black dress, long enough to touch the floor at every step I took. "Hello, beautiful"