Ch 11. Slowing things down

Haha. Sleep deprivation sucks. This chapter is bad so try to enjoy.

The next day had approached. No one in the Amber Kingdom was able to sleep. The attack from Raichu was still fresh on everyone's mind. No one felt safe. Not with Raichu on the loose.

Pegasus paced back and forth in front of the castle hospital. It had been hours since Pikachu was put under immediate surgery and Pegasus was starting to worry. There was no updates on his current condition and Pegasus was starting to fear the worse. Eevee, Shinx, and Buizel were also with Pegasus as well. Eevee and Buizel were sitting quietly while Shinx was doing something on her tablet.

"This doesn't make any sense!" Shinx said in frustration.

"What doesn't make sense?" Eevee asked her.

"Look," Shinx turned her tablet to Eevee. On the screen was a replay of Pikachu's incident. "There should be no way Pikachu sustained that much damage from this. I've seen him take harder hits than this."

"But hitting a wall at over two-hundred miles per hour? I feel like he's lucky enough to survive that," Eevee said.

"No, this doesn't seem right. Something else had to have happened as well," Shinx said as she looked at the replay again.

"I'm with Shinx here. I've seen Pikachu get hit by giant boulders and not have a scratch on him. This seems real fishy," Buizel said with a suspecting tone.

"It's my fault."

Eevee, Shinx, and Buizel all turned to Pegasus, who was looking down in shame.

"What do you mean, Pegasus?" Shinx asked.

"It's my fault, I caused him to be like this," Pegasus told them.

"But, what did you do? You were with us the whole time?" Eevee said confused.

"That's the problem. I was with you guys and not with Pikachu," Pegasus started. "Eevee, remember when Cerberus said that he felt the same pain as you do when you get hit?" Eevee nodded. "Well, it's because we as gods are a part of you and Pikachu now. We share almost everything together now."

"It's also the reason why you were able to survive that attack from Buizel and Shinx yesterday," Cerberus spoke. He made sure that Buizel and Shinx could also hear him. "If I weren't with you, you would be dead right now."

"Well, at least I'm thankful for one thing about you," Eevee muttered.

"Hold on a sec, wouldn't Pikachu just be his normal self if you weren't with him?" Buizel asked.

Pegasus shook her head. "No. Since Pikachu and I are connected together, our strength is combined. And when we split, our strength is cut in half. In other words, Pikachu is ten times weaker without me with him."

"But something still doesn't seem right. What about the fact his cheek is gone and part of his ear is missing. A crash like this shouldn't have done that kind of damage," Shinx said.

"That part also confuses me. It may just be an unfortunate thing that happened," Pegasus replied.

"What? Are you telling me you didn't feel it, Pegasus?" Cerberus exclaimed.

"Feel what? The only thing I've felt is this headache I've been having since Pikachu got hurt," Pegasus groaned.

"There was a sudden spike of atomic energy, it happened the minute Pikachu crashed into the wall," Cerberus said.

"Atomic energy!" Pegasus exclaimed.

"Atomic what?" Buizel said confused.

"It's basically the energy inside of atoms being split. It's how bombs are made," Shinx explained.