𝖙𝖜𝖔

Today was the big day

         Today was the big day. The day when I, Kim Y/n, became the queen of Dartmoore. Everything felt so wrong. The dress was too heavy, the crown had too many jewels, the corset was leaving me out of breath. Even the shoes were too tight. I was overflowed with emotions and I felt insecure. I started missing my mom's hugs and my father's wise words. My eyes started to tear up, but then I remembered that I had to be strong... To give a good example. This is my  kingdom, this is my fate. The priest's words had woken me up "Today! It's a very special day. Princess Y/n is becoming the queen." He looked me in the eyes and smiled fatherly. "Since the day you were born, I knew that this is going to be your fate. I am happy and proud to hold this ceremony. Princess Y/n..." He put the crown on my head "...from today on, you are going to rule this kingdom wisely. You are going to take care of  your people and you are going to believe in your own powers. Applause for the queen of Dartmoore! Queen Y/n!"
              Everybody started cheering and celebrating my new step in life. I looked at each and every one of them. My cousins, my uncles and my aunts. They were smiling and clapping. I started to feel happy too. Then I looked out the window to the crowd outside. Ordinary people, servants and workers. All celebrating the event that was going to change their lives. Everybody came and congratulated me. Some were proposing future activities and alliances, some were just telling me how beautiful I was. After all these tiring conversations everyone was escorted to their rooms until 8 p.m. A masquerade ball was organised and all were invited. From servants to high class kings and queens. The tables were set up, the food was ready, the candles were lit and the moon was brightly shining, showing no sign of raining. I finally put my mask on and waited behind the big wooden door.

         I was expected to enter the ballroom when everybody was there

         I was expected to enter the ballroom when everybody was there. And so I did. I walked in slowly, my crown shining in the big chandelier's light and the only thing that could be heard was the sound of my heels touching the marble floor; the music was also soft playing in the background. "Let's cheer for the queen!" said one of the princes. And everyone started clapping and raising their glasses in my honor. The dances started. All the people there were laughing and having fun, enjoying themselves. The weather was just nice, only stars could be seen. Oh, how perfect would it have been if my family was here, I thought. I miss them so much. It's been a year and I still can't get over it. The tears blurred my vision and I decided to go outside. Breathe some fresh air. Try to forget about the horrible past I've been through. Outside was a bit colder than I thought. I embraced myself trying to keep me warm... then something caught my vision. He has just arrived, I knew it because I just saw him get off the horse's saddle. He didn't have any mask on.

         He seemed to not know what was going on, yet he wore a prince outfit

         He seemed to not know what was going on, yet he wore a prince outfit. He looked royal. I slowly and confidently approached him. "May I help you sir?" It wasn't suitable for a queen to talk to strangers like that, freely, but he did seem innocent. "No thank you!" He turned around and wanted to leave, but I caught his hand and accidentaly removed the glove on his right hand. He turned around shocked. "Excuse me sir! I'm so sorry!" "What are you even? Give me back my glove!" he said threatening  ~Get yourself together Y/n! You're the queen, he should respect you~ I thought and immediately adjusted my posture, looking him straight in his eyes. "I'm the queen of Dartmoore! Show some respect!" I said confidently. He freaked out a little bit and quickly got down on his right knee with his head down. "I'm begging my pardon, your highness!" he then got up and came near me. He took my hand and kissed it. Then he looked at me and slowly bowed his head. "I'm Kim Taehyung, king of the Crimson Lands." ; I felt honored by hearing his deep voice, though I shouldn't have. He had something... "I... should go, your highness! Congratulations for becoming the ruler of Dartmoore!" he said and turned around slowly. His minty hair looked stunning in the moonlight. "Queen Y/n!" a servant called my name, not looking me in the eyes. "Sir Roderick would like to speak to you, your highness!" ; "Sure... I'm coming." I said looking one more time at the misterious prince. He kept fading away in the night shadows. I was afraid that I wasn't ever going to see him again. I slowly took small cautious steps towards Lord Roderick. "My dear Y/n! It's been such a long time since I saw you. You and your brother were just newborns. I'm sorry for your loss." ; "I think that you understand better what I'm going through right now, Lord Roderick, I heard that you lost your wife too, I'm so sorry." I said full of emotions. "Maureen was about to give birth to our son. They both died." ; "These days, with the wars and everything it's hard to give birth and survive. The rate is low." I know how hard it is to lose your family, that's why I tried to make an analogy, hoping that it might change his thoughts. "Would you like to go inside, Lord Roderick?" ; "For sure my dear queen!"
             All this royality made me feel overflowed. I felt like I didn't belong here. I liked the idea of feeling the sword in my hands, scratching the oponents with it's sharp blade. I miss hearing the girls complain that I'm too good for them to fight or too skilled in using the sword. Memories flooded my brain, making me recall the past inevitable. The memory of my brother's death flew in front of my eyes. I put my hand on the railing as my head started spinning. Luckily a man came near me and brought me back to reality. "You look stunning my queen! But I can see in your beautiful brown eyes that a great war will endanger your heart." he said misteriously and then dissapeared. Great! More misterious people and things to think about. Right... Could the prince possibly be here?