July 6th, 1973

6:01 Am

We woke up to the sound of rain, pelting on top of Edward's cab. We were surprised he didn't tell us or complain how wet he was getting, but either way, we got up. He started getting his fire ready, and noticed how we're only half full with his coal capacity. Then, to our surprise, we saw Percy shoot past us with what seemed to be Annie and Clarabel, along with a single troublesome truck on the back. They seemed to be completely unscathed, and didn't even stop to check on us.

3:34 pm

As we traveled down the line, we decided to check the Kildane Iron works just to look for survivors, and sadly, no one was there. The only thing which remained was the hollowed-out corpse of another engine, who's shape was all too familiar. There was only one great western pannier tank on the Island, and we knew we had lost Duck. He had no eyes, and a gaping hole in his forehead. Just the mere sight of him made me want to vomit. Several pieces had been ripped off of him. He was missing a side rod, and a few sections of handrails. To add to that, it seemed as if the whole engine was completely hollow. Boiler tubes, Water tanks, and bunker. All empty. Hell, even the ashes at the bottom of his firebox were gone. We decided to leave, and while doing so, we spotted the Iron works twins. They were empty shells, tossed aside off the line. We didn't stick around for long.

8:39 pm

We went down the line on Kildane and we couldn't believe what we saw. Henry and a bunch of workmen from Brendam were safe as can be in a goods shed. Henry was overjoyed to see Edward, but seemed to be a bit focused on something else. They talked about the things they saw, and how thankful they were to have survived. I asked Paul how Henry wasn't mutated. The reason he survived and hasn't been affected by the mutation, is because of his special coal. The hopper he used the day prior was his old special welsh coal, and he had to take a few coal trucks as well as fish during his usual weekly kipper run, and thankfully, he used it to keep him alive through the week.

We then noticed how many people were in the sheds. I counted around 23 people, excluding Edward and Henry. We've decided to stick together, and spend the night with them.

9:24 pm

Henry's crew ride on the front of his footplate behind this wooden shield they made from an old truck. They used to run down the line to see if they can find anyone who needs assistance, but stopped two days ago when they tried to make their way to the Iron works. An engine was blocking their path, but they were too busy going the other way to properly see it. Apparently, several engines have passed by here recently. Henry had notice Percy pass by yesterday morning, and the night before, Gordon shot passed. He didn't say anything, But Henry could hear him trying to scream, But all that came out was the sound of whistling coming through the holes in his face.