4

She was trapped. The situation dawned on her as fast as hyper-speed, and Sadira peered out at the arena, and then at Cal, whose eyes locked with hers. Both of them simultaneously worried that this meant they would have to fight each other.

Sadira snapped, and stormed into the middle of the area. Cal raised his lightsaber, but Sadira ignored this and turned away from him. She stared up at the glass box, where Tormo watched. "You promised that I would never have to fight a target," she shouted, raising her voice as much as possible. "That was my one condition."

Tormo chuckled. "Oh, Sadira, honey. How could you think that I would ever not stay true to my word?" He clasped his hands together and grinned. "Of course you're not fighting each other, you'll be fighting together."

  Sadira's heart dropped. All of a sudden, the lights became to bright, the screams too loud, and the air too thick.

  "You lied to me, Sadira, and you know how I feel about liars."

  Sadira questioned what he could possibly mean for a second, and then it hit her. Her heart began to race as her breathing quickened. How does he know? she thought, but she didn't have time to ponder on it any longer. The pillars began to move, and she turned to Cal desperately. His eyes showed confusion, but he remained calm. "Ok," he started. "I don't care that you got me into this mess. We have a common enemy, and a common cause-"

  "Which is?"

  "Staying alive." Cal switched on his weapon. Sadira noticed that he had a few cuts and bruises. "We need to work together."

  "I can handle myself, thank you," she replied. Something forced her to be stubborn, but she didn't mean what she said. She knew that she needed his help more than he needed hers.

  Luckily for Sadira, Cal was a Jedi, and Jedi were forgiving. "I know, but we don't have time to discuss it." Cal looked around at the creatures advancing towards them. He cringed as he realised what they were—Dathomirian spiders. "Follow my lead."

  Sadira huffed as Cal ran towards the spiders and began slashing them down. She turned towards another group of them and fired her pistol. The panic in her veins caused her to miss what she would usually consider ridiculously easy shots, but after a short while it subsided into an adrenaline rush, and her aim massively improved.

  The team finished the spiders off, only coming away with a few injuries. They were barely given time to cool down before the next opposers arrived: a giant spider from Kashyyk and a Zeffoan Jotaz. Both teenagers recognised these creatures— Cal from his travels, and Sadira from having watched these battles before (Tormo seemed to enjoy using these particular species quite frequently).

  "Sadira," Cal shouted, but kept his eyes trained on the creatures. "Stay near me. You can shoot from afar and I'll do close-range attacks."

  Sadira stopped for a minute and tried to search her mind for something, anything to help them out. She didn't doubt that Cal was a good fighter, but she knew that there must be an easier way. And then she found it, and mentally kicked herself for not realising sooner. "You hold them off! I have a plan!" Cal looked confused but, having no other choice, he complied.

  Cal began thrusting the Jotaz back with force pushes, then slowed the spider and quickly finished it off. After all, he had fought them many times before, and the tactical guide that BD-1 had previously provided him with helped a lot.

  Meanwhile, Sadira faced the glass box. She smiled up at Tormo. The man's eyebrows furrowed and he reluctantly smiled back in confusion. Sadira raised her gun, and began to shoot at the glass.