Chapter 2: Aufregung

° Aufregung °
-> anxiety, excitement, commotion <-

When she woke up the next morning and took a look in the mirror, she could only sigh at her appearance. Her mother was only joking at dinner but after a night of restless sleep, the circles under Yeseul's eyes seemed a lot more prominent than usual. She put on a light layer of casual makeup to hide the fatigue on her face.

Her mother had already left for work and even though it was very early in the morning, she had left her a reassuring note, a lunch box, and a small plate of fresh pancakes on the kitchen table. She hadn't eaten those in ages! Her father used to make them every Sunday but after moving to Seoul, eating pancakes became nothing more than a pleasant memory. Yeseul dug in and despite her stomach demonstrating a little because of her nervousness, she tried to enjoy her special breakfast as much as she could. They were different than the ones they ate in Germany, but she appreciated that her mother had taken the time to prepare them for her.

After finishing her meal and once more making sure that she looked presentable, she went on her way to the agency. Lucky for her, the building was only a few subway stops away from her home so it took her about 20 minutes to reach her destination. The first thing she noticed, was the 7/11 on the ground floor next to the agency's entrance. That would surely prove to be convenient.

Yeseul hesitated at the door that would lead her to KQ Entertainment. First, her excitement and anxiety were fairly well balanced, but within a few seconds, the latter doubled and overpowered her. This was her dream but all the doubts and worries she had managed to push away last night, came crashing down on her again. She closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath. Before she could let her thoughts get the better of her, she pressed the doorbell. No turning back now.

"Hello?"
"Uhh, hello. I'm Hwang Yeseul and I have an appointment for 8 am."
God, why did that sound she was here to see a doctor? Stop overthinking, she quickly reprimanded herself.
"Ah, yes! Come up please."

The door buzzed and she hesitantly entered the building. The stairway she found herself in was bright, mostly white and grey but a few potted plants made sure it didn't look too sterile. She walked up to the 3rd floor where she was greeted by a man who introduced himself as Kang Haejun, the same person she had talked to on the phone last night. He was a head taller than her, a bit chubby, and addressed her with a warm smile that reached his eyes.
"Welcome, I'm glad to see you! Please follow me, the CEO is ready to talk to you."

Yeseul followed him through the office. She politely greeted a few people but didn't have a lot of time to look around. The place wasn't very big but she assumed they occupied more than this one floor as she hadn't seen any practice rooms or studios yet. At the far end of a corridor, Mr. Kang knocked on a door and sent her inside after getting a short "Come in." from the other side.

She carefully entered what she realized to be the CEO's office and closed the door behind her.

A man behind the desk stood up and motioned for her to sit down. As soon as she took her seat opposite him, she suddenly felt very vulnerable. The CEO seemed like a friendly man but he was still the person who would be in charge of her future, whose hands she'd be putting her career in.

"I'm Kim Gyuwook and as you've already heard, we want you to train under our agency. I've got the contract prepared but I'd like to discuss the conditions and rules with you beforehand. It's also very important to me that I get to know my trainees a little before I allow them to start training. So, I have a few questions." Yeseul nodded shyly and he continued. "Don't be nervous, though, I won't interrogate you."