adventures in babysitting

One shot of pure and complete fluff... or, Anne and Gil baby sit Delly and spend the day dancing in flower fields.

(Set in the 1904)

"Gil!" Anne called from their bathroom, at her husband who was half asleep on the bed. She poked her head out and laughed at his jolted expression. " gil, we have to leave! Bash and Mary need us to get Delly before the evening train leaves, which means we need to leave in the next three minutes or we will be late!!" When he didn't move, she leaned over and pulled him go his feet by his suspenders.

Gilbert groaned, but stood and slipped on his boots for the walk to the Lacroix household.

The pair walked, hand in hand, down the paths in the forest, quietly admiring the sunny summer day. The sun spiraling through the trees and warmed their faces, the sweet scent of the blossoms wafting through the air in the light breeze. It was a perfectly scrumptious day.

Anne always loved when Bash and Mary had to take overnight trips, because that meant that her and Gilbert got to watch their sweet little delly.

They arrived at the house and could hear the sounds of joyful laughter coming from the house before they even opened the door.

Gilbert knocked, and the door was swiftly swung open, revealing the bright toothy smile of Bash greeting them.

"We were startin' to worry you two wouldn't come!" He chuckled inviting them in.

Anne laughed stepping into the house "sorry, gil decided to play sleeping beauty" she smirked back at her husband who lightly shoved her shoulder and shook his head "plus we could never miss our special day with del" she smiled

The sound of Anne's voice retched delly's ears from the kitchen and she ran to the front door, stumbling over misplaced objects. "AUNTIE ANNE!!!" The little girl screamed, jumping into Anne's arms

"Delly!!!!" She hugged back

"What am I, chopped liver?" Gilbert joked, a little jealous to how much the little girl adored his wife.

Delly laughed sweetly and flung herself into his arms kissing his cheeks relentlessly, until pulling away and shining a bright smile at him. "Uncle gilby!!"

He smiled back, "my princess!!"

Mary appeared from the kitchen, holding a large case with cloths packed for her and Bash.

"Thank you guys so much again for watching del" the older women spoke, full of gratitude.

Anne, now holding delly again, nodded her head and smiled "of course! Always!"

Bash grabbed the case from Mary and started to gather their other things. "Okay, my angel, mummy and daddy have to leave now" he whispered hugging his daughter tightly. Delly kissed his cheek and smiled

"Stay away as long as you'd like!" She grinned, it was no secret that she adored spending time with the young couple, mostly because she could away with almost anything.

The group burst into laughter at her eagerness for them to leave.

"Okay, well bye delly" Mary chuckled hugging her sweetly.

The couple left the house leaving three people behind, each with a big grin plastered on their faces.

"are we ready to go back to our house?" Gilbert asked, after Anne and delly had packed nearly every toy and doll delly owned.