Chapter 2: Where is the Jewel?

"May I come inside?" The guard said.

Wade was surprised after realization dawned on him. It was the same guard who caught him yesterday at the mansion.

"Yes. You may enter but who are you?" Julian asked.

"Oh, I'm a Royal guard." He replied.

"No. I know that you're a Royal guard. But what's your name and why you're here?" Julian asked again.

"Sir, my title is The Royal Knight and Guard - Kain Astorio of Ethysien Kingdom. And I'm here for investigation." He replied.

"Oh, what kind of investigation?" Julian asked.

"You see some thief stole a precious jewel that was brought from Arab as a gift for our Kingdom's Princess. As she is getting engaged with the Prince of Raleviel." He looked around the room.

"Well, then you can investigate here. No problem." Wade replied.

Julian's eyes were wide shocked at his words. He glared at Wade.

But Wade instead gives him a sign to chill. Julian although nervous still kept quiet.

Shahil Abrakis looked at Wade and asked him what was the secret sign is about.

"Chill. I told my dad to relax as we know we are innocent." He smiles.

Kane Astorio, the royal knight inspected the house with the guards.

They checked all the objects and various items of the house. But didn't find the jewel.

Kane's face showed disappointment. He walked near Julian and thanked him for giving his precious time.

But as he was going to take leave, one of his guard's sight fell on the dustbin. He stopped Kane and the rest citing to take a look inside the dustbin.

Kane looked at Julian and he nods nervously. He became suspicious of Julian's nervousness.

"Go and check it out." He ordered the guard to take a peek.

As the guard approached the dustbin, Julian was sweating. Wade was also shocked a little bit, but he maintained a calm personality.

The guard ducked down and opened it. He looked inside and took out the bag of Wade.

Julian and Wade looked at each other. While Shahil was looking at the bag with curiosity.

The guard opened the bag and took out its content. His eyes were shocked but also delighted at the same time.

"What did you find? Did you find out the jewel?" Kane asked him.

"No. I didn't find the jewel." The guard said.

He took out a bottle of fragrance. And showed him to Kain.

"But I found the fragrance that the Princess has been demanding for almost three years. It's a rare item." The guard said.

"Grast! We are not here for fragrance! We have to find the jewel at all cost or else the King will bring wrath on us!"

These words of Kain shocked Wade and Julian.

Kain apologized for his sudden outburst to Grast, the guard.

He thanked Julian once again for letting them investigate. They left.

After ensuring that they are indeed gone. Julian asked Shahil to wait for them in the living room.

He then grabbed Wade and went on the roof. Upon reaching he asked Wade about the jewel.