Chapter 4: Traitor

"Liar! Traitor." The crowds shouted at him.

"I'm not the traitor or thief!" Grast responded

"Stop your plea!" One of the knights yelled at him.

They dragged him towards the Royal courtroom.

Zedora and Abrakis arrived too with the citizens of the town.

All of their eyes were focused on Grast. Some of them were curious as to what was going on.

But Wade escaped amidst the chaos. He ducked into an alley and before anyone can notice, removed his disguise.

He kept sitting there, thinking of a way to save Grast. But he is unable to focus and concentrate.

The guilt, remorse and the false accusation that fell on Grast was all due to him.

He reminisces the face of Julian and remembers his words, "Wade. I want you to stop now."

"What have I done!?" Wade's mind is filled with pessimistic feelings and the thought of Grast being chained and beaten shivers him.

"Wade." A familiar sound came in front of him.

He opened his eyes but his tears made his view a little bit foggy.

He rubbed his eyes and saw Julian standing in front of him.

"Ju... Julian?"

"Yes. It's me, Wade." He sits beside him.

"Are you here to yell at me?" Wade asked.

"Well I thought of that in the first place but no. I'm not here to yell at you." He pauses to check his surroundings for any people.

"Wade. I'm not proud of what you did today. Remember I told you to stop this yesterday."

Wade nods.

"And I didn't follow it." He said.

"You still have chances to save Grast but in the process, you might need to sacrifice yourself." Julian said.

"Wade, are you gonna save him or not?" He asks him.

"I want to save him. But I'm... How to express to you what I'm going through?"

"Accept it," Julian said.

"Accept what?" Wade questioned him.

"Accept your emotions. The pain you are feeling, the guilt, the remorse. Accept it. Don't try to avoid it. Take your time to share your thoughts with me. I'm here for you."

Wade takes a deep long breath and calms down.

"Julian, I'm feeling extremely guilty. I just want to die. I'm unable to come out of these pessimistic thoughts invading my mind. I thought that my plan will work successfully. But it backfired and what's worst is that I framed someone else for my crime. It feels so..."