Chapter 1

SCOTT POV

"Lisa," I yell over the saw while walking into our huge workshop.

"What," she yells, hitting the power button and removing her safety glasses.

Lisa blows a piece of blonde hair out of her eyes and glares at me. I laugh. She hates being interrupted while working. And currently, she is ankle-deep in small projects to keep the doors of Twin Construction open.

My gorgeous twin sister is stubborn to the core. She has natural light blonde hair and clear sky blue eyes. She is 5'11" and muscular but not bulky. She could have easily been a model. But she loves MMA and woodwork instead, which we both get from our dad.

"Hey, chill, okay. I bring good news," I chuckle while Lisa continues to glare.

She throws the glasses on a workbench and heads to our mini-fridge. She throws me a water bottle before pulling out one for herself and sitting on the counter.

"Alright. I will bite. What good news," Lisa asks before taking a big drink from her water bottle.

"Landed us a bid. It should be a good chunk of money. Multiple small homes need to be built from the ground up and improvements made to a large main home. The downside is, it's wolf land, and we will be going against wolf companies," I say in between gulps of water.

"We don't work for wolves," Lisa says with a serious expression.

"Dad made that rule Lisa. And Dad didn't have a big loan during a recession. We need this job," I sigh. I'm tired of the same old argument. Dad died hating wolves. He hated that a wolf came and stole his wife.

"What are our other options, Scott? You are the one with a degree in finance. Use that big brain," she pleads with me. I shake my head.

"We are going in circles, Lis. Normal people don't have the money to do home repairs right now. Wolves still do. They own many companies around the world. They are the only business to be had right now. Do you know what I had to do today? I had to let the two news guys go. We couldn't afford them anymore," I say to my sister with pleading eyes. She has to understand that our father's grudge can no longer stand.

"Fine. You hitting the gym with me?" Lisa asks. I nod.

Crap, now she is going to pound me on the mat since I won in the battle of words.

We both have had boxing and wrestling classes since we were 8. She is the champ of the city. She competes in any amateur competition she can. I like the workout, and I am pretty good, but I don't have the drive as Lisa does. She radiates aggression in the gym. She even beats female wolves in her matches.

It's always funny when a new wolf enters the gym. They see Lisa as a barby doll due to her beautiful hair and face. The female wolves always challenge her for her "champ of the gym title." They don't know her hands are calloused and unforgiving due to all the daily labor. And that her muscles are toned from weights. She can knock you out in a blink, but her specialty is submission. She loves armbars and leg locks.

Tonight is no different. Lisa and I are sparing in the center ring and have been for almost an hour. The owner is like our uncle, so we don't really care about rotating out of the ring for others. Lisa is letting out her frustration on my hands and working up a great sweat.

"Watch your left, sis. You are letting it drop low," I say, pointing out her minor flaw.

We tend to work on her boxing over her wrestling since it's her weakness.

"Oh, how precious. A little human girl is working up a nice sweat," a girl says from the side of the ring.

Lisa and I share a knowing look. Finally, Lisa can let out her pent-up stress on someone else. And I can finally take a much-needed break.