Chapter 4

EMMETT POV

I wake up and stretch. Last night we had a few rogues on the southern border. The chase and capture took three hours of my precious sleep.

I get dressed in a black shirt and dark wash jeans. Clint and Michael are waiting for me downstairs. We have to interrogate the wolves today and dispose of them before the contractors get here.

Moira already has breakfast on the table by the time I come downstairs. Pancakes, bacon, sausage, and fresh orange juice.

"Moira teach Abbs how to cook, please," Michael says while inhaling a sausage.

I stiffen at the mention of Abigail. She is Michael's older sister and my father's old Deltas daughter. My wolf has been pacing this morning and the mention of the she-wolf that touched us last night has him growling. I hate dealing with him on days where we have to handle rogues. Having an Alpha wolf in your head is hard.

"Clint, Michael, let's go. Praise Moira on her cooking later," I order standing up.

I shoot my little sister a smile as a thank you for breakfast. She rolls her pretty blue eyes that she stole from mom at me. Ever since we lost mom and dad. Moira has been my most trusted ally. My whole world, basically.

My dungeon is clean. The cells each have a bed and a sink that supplies freshwater. I only have four cells, but that's all we have ever needed. We don't keep rogues. We dispose of the guilty or offer innocents a place in the pack. We have an interrogation room that holds all the horrors. We don't wash the blood from that room. It stinks of iron and fear.

Michael and Clint drag the older nastier of the two rogues into the horror room, and I follow. I sit in the corner while they strap him down with silver. I light a cigar and lean back, observing him. He looks like he has been a rogue most of his life. I instantly know he won't give us anything. No matter how much pain I bring him.

"Stop," I order

Clint drops the straps and stares at me. I mindlink him

Emmett- this one we can't break. But the younger one will if we kill this one.

Clint- me or Michael alpha?

Emmett- you. Michael is only 17. Let him leave first.

Mindlink to Michael

Emmett- get the youngster Mike. This one is no good. Clint is going to dispose of him.

Michael- yes, Alpha.

Michael leaves the room, and Clint snaps the neck of the old one.

"Drop him on the floor, Clint. When we strap the youngster to the chair, he should spill," I tell my Beta while looking at the wall.

Alpha is pacing my mind like a caged tiger. For some reason, he has no interest in why these rogues are on our land.

Emmett- you aren't worried about these killers being close to our members today, Alpha?

Alpha- I'm antsy, Emmett. Something is coming. I feel it.

Emmett- I don't like the sound of that.

I look at the teen that is now strapped to the torture chair. His arms are burning, and the smell is ungodly. The worst smell in the world is burnt flesh. The silver makes him whimper, and I internally grin. He will break easily.

I stare into his frightened eyes and am surprised to see the innocence in his pupils.

"What were you doing on my land, pup," I growl at him.