Chapter 2

Earlene began to take a good look around. Behind him, the wrecked ship was sitting, like a dead whale. In front were more rocks that jut out of the ocean. He quickly checked himself. He was perfectly fine, his hair was still sitting in its odd bun, and he was still clad in his armor. Well, except for a bit of wood that was stuck in its outermost layer. As he was pulling it out, he quickly became aware of something giggling. Who was that? He looked up and saw a woman, laying on one of the rocks, quietly laughing at him. He was confused for a moment before he saw her bottom half. Oh wait, she's a mermaid! Maybe she can help-wait a minute...

Earlene stopped himself. The "mermaid" had red marks around its hands and mouth. The realization quickly came onto him. It was blood.  And she wasn't a mermaid. She was a siren who was hungry for blood. He began to take erratic glimpses at the other rocks. More sirens emerged, and they all looked starved. Earlene looked down at the water. There, in the reflection, he saw that his sword and shield were dangling from the ship' mast. He looked back up. I guess it's now or never...! With a quick turn on his heels, he jumped onto the mast, seized his gear, and with one last peek at the beautiful, yet blood-thirsty sirens, he dove into the deep, blue sea.