Chapter 5

"Hey, Jon, I think I see something!"

"What?" Jon, a completely black-skinned warrior, who donned a wolf skin, twisted himself around from where he sat.

"I said, I think I see something!" The crew member also wore wolf skin, although he didn't have the black skin.

"I'm not deaf you idiot, I meant what do you see!" Jon snapped. Another crew member stood up from his seat on the longship they were riding.

"I think it's a man. It looks like he's from Teraon. Should we bring him in?" Jon stood up as well. It was indeed a man from Teraon, a soldier wearing the Kingdom's iconic blue armor. Is that..?

"Yeah, pull him in. I think I know who that is."

"Ugggh..."

"Hey..." A small voice called to him, seemingly from his head. "Hey..."

"Huh?"

"Hey, wake up Earlene!" Jon shouted while clonking Earlene on the head with the backend of one of his two axes.

"Agh! What the!?" Earlene sat up with quite the start. He rubbed his head and momentarily glared at Jon. "Where am I, Jon?"

"You're on my longship. We saw you drifting in the ocean, so we picked you up. What were you doing so far from land anyways?"

"Ugh, thanks for the wakeup call," Earlene mumbled under his breath. "David sent me on a mission to the Eastern Islands, I think it was to talk about war plans with Koyce. What about you?"

"Oh, Vaiden asked me if my Berserkers and I would pay a visit to David. But why were you drifting in the ocean, huh?" Jon stuck his hand under his wolfskin to scratch his scalp.

"Agh, right...We passed by a bunch of rocks with sirens. Their singing pulled in the sailors and we crashed on the rocks. Guess the mission failed."

"Damn right about that."

Earlene sighed in sorrow. First I get shipwrecked, then I get attacked by Hoplites. At least I can ask Jon for a ride home. "Hey, Jon?"

"Yeah?"

"You guys are headed for Teraon, right?"

"Sure we are." It wasn't Jon, instead, it was one of the other Berserkers on the ship, whom Jon glared at for a moment.

"Good, because I was wondering earlier how I was going to get home without a ship."

----Present Day----

"I see. So by chance, Jon picked you up. That makes sense of why he was also here with you." David said while rubbing his chin. "I guess meeting with Koyce about our plans will have to wait." He put his cup to his lips and finished the last of his tea. "You should go home, Earlene, it's getting late." Earlene looked outside. It was getting dark.

"Alright. I'll see you later David." Earlene stood up and walked out the doorway.