Chapter 1: The Prince and The Beast

School, is the place where you get depression for free! Yay!

It is a friendly place - a place where you gang up with like-minded folks or get bullied for not fitting in.

A place where grades matter more than everything else. I mean, education? What's education?

It's the place where the mean girls are cold and the summer is searing hot, the place where hopes and aspirations get crushed, and the place where confidence and self-worth is hopelessly crushed.

I thought I was a wee-bit lucky, for I'm neither much as a popular cheerleader like Britney Houston, nor am I a fat and short nerd that requires safe spaces and the bully hunters.

But damn doesn't it feel like a gut punch to see Britney getting any boys she wants with a flick of her golden blonde hair. The girl is so popular that we often nicknamed her the bad boy's crack.

And what's surprising is that Britney is rather a close friend of mine, and she made that clear as she's now approaching me right about...

"Top of the morning to ya, Marionette!"

"Gotcha, got the goods, lady?" I replied.

"Yeah!" Britney smirked, setting up her Gucci handbag on the floor. From it she took a warm piece of Auntie Mika's pretzel, "That'll be five crimson marks - adjusted for inflation."

The sun was out there shining with enough heat to fry a whole egg, and

One redeeming quality I might have is the ability to write for the school plays, and damn does Britney love it when I write her in the spotlight especially in this story I'm making - Not as a princess or a damsel in distress, but as an adopted daughter of the master Sicario.

It was seven am, and school starts in another hour, yet the jocks have already started playing on the soccer fields with their pimped out and chiselled bodies clearly imprinted by sweat.

And of course, they all noticed Britney as she waved towards them, while the only warmth I get is the heat from my laptop's overcharged battery.

So we picked the bench near the shades and opened my laptop, right to google, and then to the website called Scribbeshare - right to the right side of the panel, to the button that said notification.

"Ooohh! We're cooking with fire alright," Britney gasped, "Twenty votes!"

"Yeah it ain't much, but that's a start alright." I smiled, looking back at her, "Heh, but what am I thinking? It's not like I'm gonna be big or anything."

"Well hey! Haven't you heard the news Marionette? There's a couple of new students coming this term's year. I haven't seen them but the girls said one of them is just hot hot hot!"

Yes, of course, I'm aware of Beau Montgomery, cause that is all that the girls are talking about these days.

From what I know he has the body of a supermodel and a face of a charmer, with different coloured eyes and raven-black hair, and I'd be lying if I say I don't have naughty thoughts set on my mind.

But of course, that thoughts passed like a breeze as we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways

****

It was eight o'clock, and everyone was waiting anxiously for the new class term. And of course us girls are anxious to meet him.

"Okay class, as you all know we have a couple of new students today."

Even his name sounds attractive - Beau Montgomery. I mean he sounds straight up like a prince, and I would be lying again if I say my butt-cheeks are clenched and shuffling impatiently for his arrival.

And the moment of truth happens as I see the tuft of black hair approaching the door, as well as the handsome figure that came out - For he was a tall, white, and muscular man with a checkered flannel and a brown beanie.

And damn did my heart stop when he decided to sit right next to ME!

"And this is Thaddeus Hawking!"

The teacher announced another student, but our attention was enraptured by Beau's eyes, for it was as mesmerizing and deep as I could imagine.

"Attention people!" The teacher called, "This is Thaddeus Hawking!"

I rolled my eyes upon seeing whatever was in front of the class, for he was a short and fat boy with freckles and red hair, but what's worse is that he had this disgusting stubble around his double chin that looks more like a ballsack than anything else.

Whatever...What's important is Beau, and damn am I excited to start the day!

Extra - Beau Montgomery