Chapter 5

Jo Yeong woke up at his usual wake up time., 5:00 A.M. As he was getting ready for breakfast at the Palace, he couldn't stop thinking about Seung Ah. Shaking his head, he got into his uniform and did his hair back once again. As he went down, he could see the fiance, The King, and Madame Noh. Only the captain was allowed to dine with the royals, and he smiled at the honor he was given.

"Yeong, how was your date?" Lee Gon hinted innocently, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeong went on a date?" Madame Noh choked on her food.

"Yes. He made a girlfriend by lunch time." Tae Eul smiled.

"Is this true?" Madame Noh looked at him with wild eyes.

"Yes, Your Highness." Jo Yeong said immediately, his former attitude returning.

"She even works at the technology department." Lee Gon smiled proudly at Yeong.

"Oh, dear...my children are growing up," Madame Noh sighed. "I mean, none of you are my children." She set her spoon aside and put her hands on her lap while Lee Gon smiled and Tae Eul scrolled through her phone.

"Sports, France won Germany in soccer, yeah, Hyun Sua got top hit from her recent drama with a rating of 46.8%...wow...and for top news...um, pig virus in Africa..." Tae Eul read the news as everyone ignored her. The news was the one thing she read on her phone every day. "Oh my god, what the heck!?" Tae Eul halfly screamed, and everyone turned to face her. "Jo Yeong, oh no..." Tae Eul cringed as Lee Gon snatched her phone.

"What is it...oh, no. What are we going to do?"

"What is it, Your Highness?" Jo Yeong asked, confused. He then gulped as The King showed him an article that was the top heading. 'Captain Jo Yeong on a date with the head of the technology department.', it read, and had multiple pictures of him and Seung Ah. last night. One picture even showed Yeong and a blurred Seung Ah kissing.

"I..." With a loss of words, Jo Yeong looked down in embarrassment.

"Who did this?" The King stared at disbelief. "Take it down. Now." He ordered, turning serious, like he usually was when he was with others, or when he was mad.

"To the technology depart- no, to my sub captain." Yeong demanded on his watch. There was a click and the sub captain answered.

"Yes, captain?"

"Demand the department of technology to take it down. Now."

"Excuse me, captain, what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Take the picture down." Yeong answered gruffly, his expression serious.

"Yes, sir!" The mic on the watch clicked once more and it was off. As his cheeks reddened as he met The King's eyes, and he looked down in shame.

"It's okay, Yeong. I didn't know that you'd get a girlfriend from a date. It's my fault. But you do need to date in private. The Palace needs to come first. That's why it is in the laws that you cannot have relationships." The King answered, his voice softening.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness. I should have paid attention." Yeong answered solemnly, his ears still red.

"Why are your ears red?" The King frowned.

"It...it seems to be a bit hot in here today." Yeong swallowed.

"Yeah..?" The King slowly nodded in amusement. "But honestly, don't you think kissing a woman that you've just started dating is a bit...too much?" He smiled.

"I'm..." Jo Yeong looked elsewhere.

"Yeah. I twisted The King's arms and called him a piece of crap when I first met him." Tae Eul shrugged.

"Yeah, and it hurt!" The King bickered back.

"Should I do anything else, Your Highness?" Yeong smiled gratefully, and then stopped. He wasn't supposed to smile, laugh, or have fun.

"No. Next time, date in private." The King nodded and smiled.

"Yes, Your Highness." Yeong folder-bowed and left.